Thread: valve mounting ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking valve mounting ?

ok just wondering if one can mount a valve sideways or upside down and not have any bad effects (works just fine) ? i would only use nitro for air supply.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    ok just wondering if one can mount a valve sideways or upside down and not have any bad effects (works just fine) ? i would only use nitro for air supply.
    i guess the techs would say dont do it.
    since there is no zlock or zlock pin channel to stop the back half of the valve from possibly unscrewing and busting/ killing the user in the face.

people will tell me if im wrong.

but thats what i gather.

are you rotating the rail exactly with the valve?
    the rail is your saftey mechanism for the valve.

again no expert just sayin.

Good point... say if there was a z lock.. then could one rotate it? Then if there wasn't a saftey pin understanding the risk lock tight it? I'm thinking I want to rotate a valve

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    Good point... say if there was a z lock.. then could one rotate it? Then if there wasn't a saftey pin understanding the risk lock tight it? I'm thinking I want to rotate a valve
    locktight, not sure.

my tripple mage the two side valves have been rotated a bit, i would say almost 45*

so you can do it, but that tripple rail is one milled piece so i pretty sure thats not what you are thinking of doing,

yeah it would be a good idea to have a zlock chanel.

The valve can be operated in any orientation. It will work fine. It has to be mounted on a rail and that rail must be rotated with the valve. The rail holds the on-off assembly in place and provides the spacing for the sear assembly.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.