Thread: tightening LPR in sleeper frame?

tightening LPR in sleeper frame?

Using a tickler and the nut is 9/16". However, getting a wrench in there to tighten is pretty near impossible. Do most people just teflon tape the crap out of it and hope they get it tight enough or is there a trick I'm missing? I have some needle nose pliers, but not wanting to mangle the nut all up getting it tight.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Using a tickler and the nut is 9/16". However, getting a wrench in there to tighten is pretty near impossible. Do most people just teflon tape the crap out of it and hope they get it tight enough or is there a trick I'm missing? I have some needle nose pliers, but not wanting to mangle the nut all up getting it tight.
    take the body off the lower 1/8th npt fitting that has the 9/16th'' nut.
    then take a 9/16th'' socket and put it over thatnut. i use a drll driver adapter to put into the back of the sock and then use a 1/4'' mini wrench to put over the adapter to tighten things down.

here is quick 42 second video explaining better:

No space issues...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkApollo
    No space issues...
    since im sure he is not using the same exact frame you did, i am pretty sure he will not have the space you have.

<B>OPBN</B> if you dont have the tool send it my way ill get it in for you. but im prtty sure you can get ahold of something that will work as i explained in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    since im sure he is not using the same exact frame you did, i am pretty sure he will not have the space you have.

<B>OPBN</B> if you dont have the tool send it my way ill get it in for you. but im prtty sure you can get ahold of something that will work as i explained in the video.
    I know, I was just saying since it was a general 'sleeper frame LPR' question.

wouldnt post #2 answer the "general sleeper frame LPR question"?
    siince in post #1 he is having trouble using a wrench.

OPBN hit this thread up when you are ready ill delete my last few needless posts.

sorry to muddy up the thread.

Not really, no. He could be using an inteli-frame.

Not really, no. He could be using an inteli-frame.
    did not know he was using an I frame,
    since it was not posted.
    im guessing he is not and if he is using an i frame he is a smart guy and would have moded it the right way, lol and post #2 still applies.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Yall should Box man...haha

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs
    Yall should Box man...haha

I should have specified which frame I am using, but I have had a thread or two lately about the build so I figured a regular would know it was the Chimera that I am working on. Might try pulling the body off the LPR and tightening with a socket. Even using a wrench would be easier without the body on, so not a bad idea. Thanks.

Edit: Fit is too tight, socket will not work either even with the body of the LPR off. Think I may be able to mill/file the frame down some for some additional clearance.
    Last edited by OPBN; 12-20-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I should have specified which frame I am using, but I have had a thread or two lately about the build so I figured a regular would know it was the Chimera that I am working on. Might try pulling the body off the LPR and tightening with a socket. Even using a wrench would be easier without the body on, so not a bad idea. Thanks.

Edit: Fit is too tight, socket will not work either even with the body of the LPR off. Think I may be able to mill/file the frame down some for some additional clearance.
    thats my bad i forgot you had not yet milled the body down on the inside.
    best of luck man.