Thread: valve mounting ?

Talking valve mounting ?

ok just wondering if one can mount a valve sideways or upside down and not have any bad effects (works just fine) ? i would only use nitro for air supply.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    ok just wondering if one can mount a valve sideways or upside down and not have any bad effects (works just fine) ? i would only use nitro for air supply.
    i guess the techs would say dont do it.
    since there is no zlock or zlock pin channel to stop the back half of the valve from possibly unscrewing and busting/ killing the user in the face.

people will tell me if im wrong.

but thats what i gather.

are you rotating the rail exactly with the valve?
    the rail is your saftey mechanism for the valve.

again no expert just sayin.

Good point... say if there was a z lock.. then could one rotate it? Then if there wasn't a saftey pin understanding the risk lock tight it? I'm thinking I want to rotate a valve

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    Good point... say if there was a z lock.. then could one rotate it? Then if there wasn't a saftey pin understanding the risk lock tight it? I'm thinking I want to rotate a valve
    locktight, not sure.

my tripple mage the two side valves have been rotated a bit, i would say almost 45*

so you can do it, but that tripple rail is one milled piece so i pretty sure thats not what you are thinking of doing,

yeah it would be a good idea to have a zlock chanel.

The valve can be operated in any orientation. It will work fine. It has to be mounted on a rail and that rail must be rotated with the valve. The rail holds the on-off assembly in place and provides the spacing for the sear assembly.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    The valve can be operated in any orientation. It will work fine. It has to be mounted on a rail and that rail must be rotated with the valve. The rail holds the on-off assembly in place and provides the spacing for the sear assembly.
    +1

How do you plan to activate the on/off? The sear is in the grip and if you spin the valve 180* then it would be pointing up. I may be missing what you are asking...wouldn't be the first time for me.

if you set it up like a pneumag you can do it without issue. Hill's EP block works great!

Quote Originally Posted by sQuidvision
    if you set it up like a pneumag you can do it without issue. Hill's EP block works great!

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Correction for better explanation: Actually, its the body that holds the on-off assembly in place. The rail holds everything at the correct spacing including the sear assembly which holds the on-off pin in place.

Are you trying to achieve a bottom feed mag?

If so you can leave the valve as it is and just fit a custom body with rotated breech port.. like a ULE warp but turned 90 degrees