Thread: Magnetic Enhancer Production Model

Magnetic Enhancer Production Model

Well the time has come to see how much interest there is in producing these triggers. The production ones will not be as intricate or decorative as the previous one that I have shown you. They are simpler in design but none the less the same in function. Maghog was very generous in building these prototypes and I will be getting them built if the AO community wants them. This is not a pre order and will get done when I get the time. I am funding this on my own which is why I just want a count of how many people are interested. I would estimate the cost to be around $200. So if you are not prepared to spend a significant amount of money on a fancy trigger, then dont sign up. I will reduce the cost if I can get them produced for less. Here are the pics of the new ones which are not complete yet. They lack the magnets as I cannot install them before reproduction. The only videos I have are of the previous model. Here it is:

And heres the video link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qprEvZNpdVI

The magnets in the new trigger will be recessed into the trigger and will not stick out the way they do on the prototype. The trigger is milled for the return magnet and drilled and tapped for the HES magnet. I will start a list below.

1. hill160881
    2. need4reebs
    And so on.
    Last edited by kwik175; 12-24-2012 at 10:10 AM.

who is milling these for you?

I have spoken to Luke and XMT when we started on this a few months ago and both were interested. I am not sure of their workload and am looking local to find a machinist that will help out. I have no timeline yet. I have some adjustments to make to get them to fit just right so the mode selector will work properly. Really just looking for any interest. Im not even going to bother a machinist until I see a demand for the project. Honestly it doesnt matter to me or Dan, I have some one off custom triggers that are amazing. We are just trying to share with the community.

I want to see a video in hyper mode!

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    I want to see a video in hyper mode!

Heres the link. I switch to Hyper mode for the second and third hopper once the scuba is attached. Getting about 25 BPS which is all my Rotor seems to feed. I now have a Spire so we will see if its any faster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmfxU5ZDbY

Awesome man!!! just awesome! hope this gets as much AO support as possible!!! Maghog is tha Man!!!

That design is BRILLIANT!! Bravo! Best thing I have seen in a long time.

TK

Well there you have it. And I'm pretty sure this guy ^^^^^^ would know. Thanks TK.

so from what i gather from this post and the previous ones is this trigger is only good in emode or hybridmode?

other then that it is unpredictable in manual mode?

and there is only one trigger to pull information off of?

how many of the triggers you make will be tested in full?

not to be a nay sayer, but full testing of all triggers need to be done before these come to light.
    due to the component of this trigger.

EDIT:
    i could be totaly off base on this.
    who knows.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-24-2012 at 12:15 AM.

with the crapiness of post 10 aside,
    i would like one of these, hell 10 of them for each of my e-mags.
    but...

it would take me way to long bring together the time to buy these or to get the cash to order these.

Well to answer your first question, yes the trigger works in mechanical mode. How well? Depends on your valve and how reactive it is. I will post video soon of the new trigger as soon as it is ready. I am sort of busy right now with the holidays. As for testing all the triggers made: sure I could test them for fit on my emag but that doesn't mean they will work in yours . I can't predict any differences in valve setup, trigger rod length, mode selector switch tolerances, any of it. The trigger works in my gun. That is what I know. And here is the best part about me not being a legit company trying to make money: I can decide who really wants to tinker with a trigger and make it work for them . These triggers will need to be setup individually for each gun. Everything you need will be included. But even if you wanted 20 of them KNM, I still wouldn't sale you one. I just dont need the money.

even if you wanted 20 of them KNM, I still wouldn't sale you one. I just dont need the money.
    Ouch!

$200 for a trigger

I am curious how this would work with an inteli frame and a ULT X-valve.

Think I will put my name down for one if I may.

Can i get tha #2 spot please? thank you sir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881

If you recall back to the beginning when I tried the spring assisted one, I found it it worked well in mech mode but not real well in any other modes. I have used the spring trigger in my mech guns. I will be placing one of these new ones in all of my frames and trying it out to get results. I have pnumeags, mech, emag. I do not have EP but I dont really see the use there. I will post the results. It seems like some of the cost of the trigger would be due to the placement of the return magnet and HES sensor magnet. Adding those two components makes the trigger more complex. If this was a mech only trigger it would be much simpler and less expensive. The price of $200 is just a guess. Maghog quoted me $275 each for the hand made ones pictured above. So if I can get them machined for significantly less I will pass on the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175
    Well to answer your first question, yes the trigger works in mechanical mode. How well? Depends on your valve and how reactive it is. I will post video soon of the new trigger as soon as it is ready. I am sort of busy right now with the holidays. As for testing all the triggers made: sure I could test them for fit on my emag but that doesn't mean they will work in yours . I can't predict any differences in valve setup, trigger rod length, mode selector switch tolerances, any of it. The trigger works in my gun. That is what I know. And here is the best part about me not being a legit company trying to make money: I can decide who really wants to tinker with a trigger and make it work for them . These triggers will need to be setup individually for each gun. Everything you need will be included. But even if you wanted 20 of them KNM, I still wouldn't sale you one. I just dont need the money.
    you wouldnt sell me one? oh yeah? good to know.
    merry christmas.

it will be neat to see these come out, the inteli frame idea sound wicked too.
    good luck.

Well here's a short video of the trigger in all 3 modes. I havent put together a mech gun yet to test. I will be doing that soon. The trigger needs a little tuning yet with the HES magnet as it tries to run away sometimes. Not a big deal though, just adjusting the stop points.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbbTCG76KQA

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881 View Post

Well Im not sure if an Intelli frame is any different than my RPG framebut if they are the same the trigger will not work. It is too thick. The Emag, at least the one I have, has a larger opening for the trigger to go thru. I have included a pic of my Maghog trigger that I use on my pnuemag which has an RPG frame.

the point of this in an emag is what exactly?

for a mech gun makes sense. i have done hack job sprung triggers like this before, but a well thought out production trigger like this might be nice. i'd like to see something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the point of this in an emag is what exactly?

for a mech gun makes sense. i have done hack job sprung triggers like this before, but a well thought out production trigger like this might be nice. i'd like to see something like that.

I think the point is no one has done it ??

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    I think the point is no one has done it ??
    had a full auto emag? no one has done that?
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Well sure now that most E/Xmags are running Xmod I guess it is unnecessary, but arent most of the things we do with mags? It is innovative, unique, and one more thing to screw around with. Dan had an idea to take previous designs for mech guns as cockerpunk stated and apply those ideas to an Emag. No one had used magnets and there were skeptics as whether or not this would work. After in depth discussions about perpetual motion and such Dan sent a prototype to me to test. After fooling around with it for a while I got it to work out just the way Dan had envisioned it. So back to whats the point, there is no point. Its a fun trigger that works well if you want to mess around with it. It brought an idea to light and is here if more people want it. If you are not running Xmod it gives a real easy full auto, and in hybrid mode it RT's faster than you can with a conventional trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    That design is BRILLIANT!! Bravo! Best thing I have seen in a long time.

TK
    ^^^ Ditto. Not an emag owner but fully appreciate the innovation and out of box thinking. Hats off to you and Dan.