Thread: Magnetic Enhancer Production Model

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Magnetic Enhancer Production Model

Well the time has come to see how much interest there is in producing these triggers. The production ones will not be as intricate or decorative as the previous one that I have shown you. They are simpler in design but none the less the same in function. Maghog was very generous in building these prototypes and I will be getting them built if the AO community wants them. This is not a pre order and will get done when I get the time. I am funding this on my own which is why I just want a count of how many people are interested. I would estimate the cost to be around $200. So if you are not prepared to spend a significant amount of money on a fancy trigger, then dont sign up. I will reduce the cost if I can get them produced for less. Here are the pics of the new ones which are not complete yet. They lack the magnets as I cannot install them before reproduction. The only videos I have are of the previous model. Here it is:

And heres the video link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qprEvZNpdVI

The magnets in the new trigger will be recessed into the trigger and will not stick out the way they do on the prototype. The trigger is milled for the return magnet and drilled and tapped for the HES magnet. I will start a list below.

1. hill160881
    2. need4reebs
    And so on.
    Last edited by kwik175; 12-24-2012 at 10:10 AM.

who is milling these for you?

I have spoken to Luke and XMT when we started on this a few months ago and both were interested. I am not sure of their workload and am looking local to find a machinist that will help out. I have no timeline yet. I have some adjustments to make to get them to fit just right so the mode selector will work properly. Really just looking for any interest. Im not even going to bother a machinist until I see a demand for the project. Honestly it doesnt matter to me or Dan, I have some one off custom triggers that are amazing. We are just trying to share with the community.

I want to see a video in hyper mode!

Quote Originally Posted by zondo
    I want to see a video in hyper mode!

Heres the link. I switch to Hyper mode for the second and third hopper once the scuba is attached. Getting about 25 BPS which is all my Rotor seems to feed. I now have a Spire so we will see if its any faster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmfxU5ZDbY