Thread: X-valve O-ring problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

X-valve O-ring problems

Okay I am used to the classic valve and I got a used RT valve that has an X-valve back and the serial numbers dont match up. Meaning that its a bit messed up and the Z-lock pin and writing is upside down in order to be used.

Okay now on to the problem. I oiled up the valve a day before my final day of play for the season to maintenance it. I didn't replace any O-rings and I didn't mess with it. I put the valve back in and I emptied 1k of air through it with an RT effect. It worked perfectly and didn't have a problem at all. 10 hours later I went all packed and ready into my first game and my bolt wouldn't reset. I thought it would be a simple fix so I went back and I opened up my valve to fix. I started to replace the O-rings with a sizable kit my local field owner donated to me since I am the only one at my field who often uses a mag'. I started to replace all of the O-rings and I went out to test it at the chrono. Same problem. Bolt would not reset and would vent out air. So I went back and replaced the spring. Problem persisted. Went back and I loosened my field strip screw considerably and it seemed okay and I tried t shoot a few and unintentionally it fired 5 shots when I wanted to fire 2 and it then continued with the problem. I then looked at the on/off valve and I replaced the O-ring in there. Now my on/off is sticking to far out of the valve for me to put it back in the marker. I have replaced that O-ring multiple times and it still persists.

Now share me your wisdom AO. And I know that you are all going to say something that is super easy and obvious and I am just going to end up looking like an idiot but I need your help anyway.

If the on/off wont fit into the valve so it easily reassembles, then youve got something put together wrong
    you say the front and back of the valve are different, then possibly your on/off has the single oring stepped top
    if you are trying to put 2 orings on the top of the on/off in a stepped hole, that will keep the on/off from going in all the way

It came out with only one O-ring and I tried putting in a replacement O-ring that seemed to be the exact same but the valves O-rings were in horrible condition so I cant be sure.

Does it have a Level 10 bolt? If so, it sounds like you may need to use a bigger power tube spacer.

Edit:
    At least this is what your original bolt-stick issue sounds like. I'm not sure why the On/Off wouldn't go in all the way unless there's something in the valve body, blocking it. Check This may be a little obvious, but check if the missing oring is up in there or something.

yes it is a level 10. Will check once parts kit is received.