Thread: Regulator bolt problem on old minimag

Regulator bolt problem on old minimag

Hey there,

I have an old minimag that I bought about 10 years ago. I haven't shot it in about 6 years and went out to play the other day. It shot fine for about the first 300 rounds but then developed a slow leak from the regulator bolt (you could feel the air escaping from the place you put the Alan wrench in). The gun shot fine at 200 fps but when I turned I up the air leaked more forcefully out o the back bolt. at 300 fps it was shooting out incredibly forcefully. I and a certified tech at the field looked at all of the accessible orings and lubed everything up to no avail. he said to just call air gun and get a replacement bolt assembly.

Should this be my course of action? I have the lack 10 bolt assembly on there and a new trigger assembly but that's it. appreciate the help!

you need a new regulator. theres an updated part as you need more pressure to run the lvl 10 then a lvl 7

the brass cylinder, 3rd in from the top right
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 12-27-2012 at 02:27 PM.

I agree. The springs can get weak and the pressure release value will be lower than normal. The new regulator piston assemblies have a higher pressure safety release point so they can handle the higher level 10 internal pressures without problems, so they also handle regular operation much better as well and still maintain a good safety threshold.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.