Thread: Eyes vs Level X

Eyes vs Level X

ok i see everbody is about eyes but if u have a tuned level x y do ot want eyes?

part of the reason to have eyes on an electronic gun is so that it is faster to respond to no paint in the breach, because it won't need to wait for the bolt to reset since it won't start a firing cycle without paint. making it almost foolproof and not really paint dependent as far as shell strength, making a much more responsive gun in the end... the level ten i feel is more or less a mechanical fail safe for chop preventage than anything else, due to the fact that the bolt vents the air, which is good in case the eyes are malfuntioning or showing a ball in the breach when its only partly loaded or the eyes are dirty... one thing i've seen however is a lvl x gun still chopping with evil... probably could have used additional tuning but the guy got lazy with it...
    Last edited by 89raider; 12-28-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    ...Certified Gun Slinger For Plains Paintball...

How fast is fast enough ?

Level 10 no eyes :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7OpmGvXMo

I NEVER get tired of seeing that video! LOL

Notice how well it shot with the loader off? Can't do that with eyes. For the most part, both will do the job. If you are talking about eyes for a mag, then there are other factors to consider. A lvl7 bolt w/eyes is considerably heavier and will add noticeable kick to the gun. I know, Ive tried it.

Also, you really want to have a foamy. I always tell people that anything they run with a lvl7 should use a lvl7 foamy bolt.

My favorite setup is a level 10 with eyes. Smooth and responsive.

Fire power my friends.

I've shot EP mags with and without eyes. My Egomag build had eyes from the start and used to run an Xvalve. It now runs and RT Pro level 7 valve, which shoots just as fast and uses less air with zero chops. The Xvalve went into my Creedmag which doesn't have eyes. I've had a few chops but think the Lvl10 isn't tuned in properly.. something that was hidden by the eyes on the other EP mag.

well agd website is down i guess, how many shims r there to a lexel x kit?

99% of the time, shims aren't needed. If you trip your lvl 10 and it doesn't rest properly is when you'll need to add. The kits come with 3 or 4 I think.
    Last edited by Ando; 12-28-2012 at 01:53 PM.

I have never seen the need for the eyes since I can only pull about 13-15 bps and I don't believe in ramping (read: cheating) modes
    ......You know you want one!!

Im PRO electronics,.. so I tend to say,.. go with eyes.

Their are some cases where I dont like them,.. but its a gun by gun case really.

If you can put eyes in the gun and do it correctly,... I think its a good investment.

MOTY3
    Lvl 10 , no eyes, no ramping , no rt pure semi.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=GuZj7tCphGE

Using eyes, theoretically you won't have to wait for a reset after a misfire because the gun won't fire until it is ready. Using a level 10, you have to wait for the reset if the ball is only part way into the breach when the gun is fired.

A level 10 will give you protection against a chop due to a bouncing ball in the breach, even with eyes. This can occur if you run your loader empty.

A level 10 won't protect against breach breaks that aren't chops any better than a regular level 7 bolt. This happens more often with brittle paint and is often misinterpreted as a chop. It can be caused by a barrel that has a bore that is too tight for the paint you are using (most common cause), or by a hopper that is running too fast or has its tension set too stiff.

A gun running both a level 10 and eyes has double the protection and the benefits of both. The only real downside of a level 10 is that it is less air efficient, but that usually isn't an issue for most users.
    Last edited by athomas; 12-29-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Better explanation on 3rd item.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    A level 10 won't protect against breach breaks that aren't chops. This happens more often with brittle paint and is often misinterpreted as a chop. It can be caused by a barrel that has a bore that is too tight for the paint you are using (most common cause), or by a hopper that is running too fast or has its tension set too stiff.
    Eyes won't stop that either. Bolt reset time is only a factor when there's a feed problem. At that point, having the bolt make a try isn't a terrible thing. If you have a mag already, a level 10 is a very clean way to take care of the occasional problem.

looking at a ego frame whats a good noid and lpr? and also what eyes can i use can it be lukes hidden eyes?