Thread: rt and classic differences

rt and classic differences

OK guys i know for a lot of you this will be a childs play answer but i'm just stumped and being a bit of a newb to mags i've got to ask... and before i get a lot of "use the search" answers been there done that...

Anyways i've been sitting here looking at the animations on zdspb.com for the mag, both the basic 68 and for the RT and i cannot for the life of me figure out what the difference in the two is. i understand the basic premise of how they function, pull the trigger the sear pivots and cycles the on/off, higher pressure on the back of the bolt pushes the bolt forward, over coming spring pressure til it vents out the end of the bolt shooting the ball. at which point the bolts pushed backward by the spring and the sear catches the bolt, while repressurizing the back of the bolt... my question is what makes the rt... well rt i guess?
    ...Certified Gun Slinger For Plains Paintball...

RT Uses a different regulator that flows air faster, and allows higher cycle rates without shoot down. It also uses a different on/off valve that becomes more reactive to higher input pressures, forcing trigger to reset quicker between shots. If you shoot a classic and RT back to back you'll spot difference straight away.
    Last edited by GEE TEE; 12-30-2012 at 09:38 PM.

i guess my question is why is it more reactive? as in whats the physical difference... is it a airflow difference or a mechanical difference? and what is it about that difference that makes it happen? i dunno if i'm stating my question correctly which is possible

It's in the reg pin. The rt reg pin is hollow and bypasses the regulator when the dump chamber is empty. This is how bottle pressure ends up on the on/off for a short time after the shot. It then closes off after the on/off opens and and the reg brings the chamber up to the set pressure.

The two stage reg spring and large reg piston are factors in that process as well.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 12-30-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Ok that makes more sense now then... thanks guys