Thread: Question about people reaction with your Mags

Question about people reaction with your Mags

So today was the first time I took my X-Valved Minimag to play at the local speedball field. This place is a private field where a local team practice but they let people play. Their ages are from 16-25 and sometime there are some older guys and most of them are with high end electros. Anyways. I broke out the Minimag and nobody really seem to care. After I came back from the first round everyone was surprised that an older mech gun could shoot that fast and that accurate. Couple of people ask to borrow it and liked it a lot. The only complain was the weight. I told them to hit the gym, I have no issues with that.

Do any of you get any reaction like this?

Sometimes, mostly newer players do that with my x-minimag as well.
    Take out an Xmag and then people either look like , or comment on the nice Emag .
    Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    It’s like having ... women without lingerie. Sure they work without them BUT WAY BETTER with them!!

Most of the guys at my local field expect me to bring something out of the ordinay by this point. But when I finally got my Z framed Shockwave project done , they were confused. One kid asked what private label Shocker it was.

I usually get the "you wanna play with that" look followed by the "what is it"

then a couple games later people usually ask if I'm using modes. I always carry an automag classic lvl 10, single trigger, old skool drop, with a stainless steel All American barrel for a back-up (you can add in Tim Allen's grunt here) and I let people use it.

I love the reactions I get.

I bring it when I ref for private parties and I usually let the bachelor or birthday boy use it or if its not that kind of private party I just pass it around.

one kid I handed it to had played 6 games (everyone there was a first time player) and he had yet to get a single out. he asked me "anything I need to know?"...

"thats the safety, point and shoot, take your time. Reach out and touch someone for me"

ear to ear grin he took out 4 of the 5 people on the other team that game and I'm not talking about they ran out and he got lucky. He must of shot 40-50 balls that whole game, he was aweing over just how incredible it was, then I handed him back the rental tippmann

If I pull out my vert framed mag, I get "what kind of Angel is that?"

If I pull out my Xmag with the warp feed, I get "WTF is that?!"
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

OMG, people at your field know what an Angel is?!

one of the guys from the team Boneyard sponsors pulled out an angel one day and I immediately exclaim "holy crap and Angel" followed by a bunch of people asking "Angel?" "Is it new" "Who makes it"

Makes you feel old when people ask "what is it"

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    But when I finally got my Z framed Shockwave project done , they were confused. One kid asked what private label Shocker it was.
    LOL I can see their face if I was to bring a Z.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I usually get the "you wanna play with that" look followed by the "what is it"
    That was pretty much how it started.

I was just surprised a bit that some young people still respect older guns. I quit playing 6 years ago because of ignorant cocky kids. I guess it is different in some areas.

I alway get questions when I play with my mags. Especially my purple pumpmag. Alot of questions are from people that are using pumps.

Some of the other mags get noticed more for their anodizing then much else.

When I was tuning the LVL10 one of the refs asked me (because it wasnt firing) if I had a fresh battery and if the eyes were on.
    I thanked him for his advice since he was so willing to help out someone 'in need' then informed him what it was and how it didnt have eyes OR a battery. I got this look from him. That was a while ago, now they see me at least once a month teching and tuning markers so they know not to 'help' me.
    Im usually up there with RaceGun autocockers that need a laptop to program the grip. The last time I was there I had a small group around me asking where they could get a new gun like that and how much it cost and who makes it. Most were shocked when I told them that it was a 7 year old gun design.

the most 'wtf' looks are with my warped minimag...renters always think my mags are electronic and the electro kids give me and my buddy a look of disgust after we take em out; then let them know that our mags are non-electro

funniest story i have is going against a group 3 friends all holding high ends electros that challenged me and 2 friends(all mag shooters) to a 3v3 on 'their' speedball field. we managed to take the first 2 out pretty quick and the last guy was at the center 50 trying to rain paint on me, once there was a break in the stream of paint he was shooting at me i moved up one bunker to the right and when he continued to shoot at the the bunker i was last at, i came around the right of my bunker and one balled him right in the goggles...he stands up screams and slams his rotor on the ground hard as he could; he ended up leaving the field after that game...the thing that made it so funny to me was that he was ranting all day about practicing with a semi pro team the whole weekend before...
    Last edited by keiko_819; 01-01-2013 at 04:12 PM.

If you pulled off the same trick with a pumpmag he would probably have had a heart attack

I had a whole group of young walk-on newbs nearly crap themselves when I pulled out my chromed/polished classic RT. They literally thought it was some kind of shiny machinegun (which the RT kind of is) despite the fact that I had a 100rd sportshot hopper and top and was not going to RT with it at all. I told them it was just an old semi called the Automag RT, and I just one-balled them most of the day.

One of the coolest things times I've had with my mags was one day I was playing with my chromed pneumag. I was walking off the field after one game, and this kid (I'm thinking 9 or 10) comes up to me and is like "whoa, cool gun!". I look at him...jeans, long sleeve shirt, rocking a tippman. I smile at him and was like, "you've probably never seen one of these, huh. They might've actually been around before you were born." He gets this puzzled look and says, "isn't that an automag?" I was stunned... And boy did I feel sheepish after that

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    OMG, people at your field know what an Angel is?!

one of the guys from the team Boneyard sponsors pulled out an angel one day and I immediately exclaim "holy crap and Angel" followed by a bunch of people asking "Angel?" "Is it new" "Who makes it"

Makes you feel old when people ask "what is it"
    I younger player at my local field asked me "where does the batteries go?" when I showed him my mechanical Classic Automag. I actually had to explain to him that it didn't run on batteries. lol

I got a bit of a puzzle look when I explained it didn't use batteries. But this wasn't the only cool part of the day. I broke out my Line SI Bushmaster pump and had to teach a 15 year old how to use it. He came back after the game smiling and everyone wanted to try it also.

After 5 years playing at the same field, people aren't surprised anymore when I get there with a new Mag or something uncommon. Before that, I used to play at another field which had a huge Mag following, so it was a shame to see it close. Oddly enough, the Mag players went on to play at another field in the west end of town, so I remain the token Mag player at my homefield.

Ive mostly been using my eyeball cocker (first reverse cocker) or my blazer. Playing at a local indoor field i hear that distinctive mag ting from a crown point barrel see a guy using a sleeper pneumag..."cue mortal combat theme" cocker..mag..must have a one vs one.
    The look on the local agg electro crowd as we start tearing into each other at around the same 12bps they were capped at

I got into a HUGE firefight with an semipro holding an Angel once. I caught one across the hopper after pouring 3 pods and a hopper at him. As I walked off the field I saw 4 pods at his feet and he gave me a fist bump.... I felt better

Playing with my classic pneumag, the ref says "is that an old mag?". I say "yeah, kind of. It's a pneu-mag". He says "no, that's an old mag." [sigh, never mind]

Playing with my x-minimag and a gravity hopper with 3 to 4 balls of RT action at a time. Ref says "shoot just one in the creek". I do that. He says "just checking. Will that do PSP?"

Not really a mag thing, but typical - playing with my stock class feed pump mag, a dad asks me "where do you put the balls in that?"

My son's pump mag is a collection of my first runs and uses the rear rail ASA with a small bottle, poorly jeweled body (w/lukes vert), finned reg back, rainman kit, and an old stubby minimag barrel. I think unfamiliar people recognize the pump handle and leave it at that.