Thread: XValve port tapping?

XValve port tapping?

I have an xvalve I'm gonna have tapped so it can be aired on the reverse(left) side instead of the standard(right) side. But there is a tiny hole right in line with where the new threads will end up. I'm not sure what it is for(possibly a bleed off or something?), it doesn't appear to have any real function. The new thread will actually cut right down the center of this hole.
    Any tips on this? Has anyone else tried doing this sort of mod before cause I don't see anything like it on the forums in my searches. Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can get this project done asap.

They made reverse valves with the ports on the left. Kind of hard to find though. Check with tuna he may have one.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    the small hole is a pressure relief hole. It lets air out so your valve is not over pressurized. Alot of times when it lets air out your reg piston is bad.

Well I already have a valve. I just wanna mount stuff on the other side like a psi gauge, have the option to choose which side I wanna use, etc.

As for the pressure relief hole, is it really required? especially with a gauge or lpr in its place? Also will tapping thru it be any problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Merce View Post
    Well I already have a valve. I just wanna mount stuff on the other side like a psi gauge, have the option to choose which side I wanna use, etc.

As for the pressure relief hole, is it really required? especially with a gauge or lpr in its place? Also will tapping thru it be any problem?
    Some lefties prefer the reverse valves which is what I thought you were going for. Just trying to help before you drill a hole in your $200 valve and make it into a paperweight. Most people put guages in a double tapped vert ASA or use some sort of T fitting on the port side. As the saying goes, I am sure anything is possible, but unless you are a competenet machinist I would steer clear of doing it yourself. You'll probably also diminish any possible resale on the valve as well.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Do not interfere with that hole. It is for High Pressure relief in case of reg failure. It is for your own safety and works very well. Having pieces of reg body schrapnel all in your face would suck I would think...and nobody to sue because you drilled it yourself.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart