Thread: Jewel/sticker removal for Anodizing

Jewel/sticker removal for Anodizing

Anyone have any secrets for removing jewels (CP logos, Freak etc.) from parts in preps for sending them to get anodized? Will something like Goo Gone dissolve the adhesive? Which leads to my next question, what should I use for an adhesive to reapply them?

MOTY3
    Not sure...but I know the best method for removing crabs (or so i've heard) if anyone wants a good laugh .
    Last edited by Flatliner333; 01-10-2013 at 06:21 PM.

I usually just use an Exacto knife, a dentist pick or the edge of a razor blade under one if the edges of the jewel and lift it up.
    I have donee this for Freak barrel jewels as well at the tiny CP oval ones. Did this on a MacDev MatchStick also.
    ......You know you want one!!

When removing stickers I simply use rubbing alcohol, a soft towel, and elbow grease.

As for reapplying the jewel, what I use is hem tape used for banners. It is basically a super sticky clear thin 2 sided tape. Ask your local sign shop they might be able to sell/give you some.

Thanks for the responses. I put Goo Gone around the jewel and was able to get them off. I think the only thing I did wrong on the first one was to just pry it from one angle when I should have just slowly lifted the edges around the whole jewel. I'll try to get my hands on some of that hem tape. Thanks again.