Thread: barrels again

barrels again

anybody have any experience with Hammerheads? i picked up a tw (new old stock) one for $40.00 and so far the fence in my back yard is impressed. have to wait for warmer weather to put it thru its paces.

Any barrel that fits the paint is fine. A Hammerhead barrel is no different.

The grooves in the backs/barrel can make them harder to clean, but theoretically it also helps them to shoot through barrel breaks. I always found that any goo in any part of a barrel causes the balls to spin in an unpredictable way which makes it inaccurate. The end result is, if you like it then it is a good barrel.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    anybody have any experience with Hammerheads? i picked up a tw (new old stock) one for $40.00 and so far the fence in my back yard is impressed. have to wait for warmer weather to put it thru its paces.
    I have a few of the hh barrels. I think the trick with them is to time them to the optimal fps that yields the best results. There seems to be a sweet spot with fps. With that being said, I found sometime I found it best shooting slightly slower in the 260-270 fps range.

FYI - If you have one with a threaded tip the tips work with lapco and cp tips too