Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RT style body and Quest Project

New RT style body and Quest Project

Well Ive wanted to use the Quest frame for a while just because I thought it looked cool. XMT came out with these new bodies and I picked one up for this project. I used microline as this is a mech only gun and I could run it through the frame. I also have an Omega rail that I havent finished yet. Its a work in progress but I wanted to show how good these new bodies look.

Last edited by kwik175; 01-10-2013 at 06:36 PM.

MOTY3
    Very nice, that trigger guard is mean looking. A custom mean lookin foregrip would look good on it. Did you get it shooting yet?

its a beast!! idk if i have seen that trigger frame b4 whats the scoop on it?

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    its a beast!! idk if i have seen that trigger frame b4 whats the scoop on it?
    Came off a First Endeavor Paintball (FEP) Quest.

I know this will sound crazy but it would be nice if someone would make a RT length minimag style rail. The minimalist look is very nice but I hate my hands being that close together.

That gun pictured above is a working gun. I have an Omega rail for the gun that is RT length so I can get the foregrip further away. That rail isnt ready yet. I also have the original spring assisted Maghog trigger to get into yet. Its a work in progress and am always looking for feedback and ideas to improve it. My main goal was to create a mech only rec ball gun that I can take to this indoor urban style field near my house. They get alot of noobs and alot of Tippman players. A bag of paint last you all day there.
    Last edited by kwik175; 01-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Agreed that it needs a different foregrip. I've always been partial to the angled VASA and CP/RPG style foregrips. If you could find one of the older CP shorty ones would be even better. Getting something custom made that follows the contours of the frame would be neat. I such at drawing or I'd try to post up what I am talking about.

I am planning on changing the foregrip when I put on the new rail. I got an angled vasa from OPBN and just need something to screw into it. Time will tell. Im kind of wrapped up in finishing this salt water fish tank in my living room right now.

OOOOOO another money/time suck.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    OOOOOO another money/time suck.
    Not trying to be a showoff here but what the hell. Paintball is where I probably spend the least money. Heres two other projects that I try to keep up with:

OMG I hate ducati's

I do performance head work and ducati heads SUCK!

they may make power but working on them is sooooooo stupid

Yeah, big boy toys are definitely money suckers. Someone once told me that I wanted to get my wife off my butt about spending money on paintball to just start leaving Old Car Traders and Year One cataloggs around the house.

They do suck up the money but what the hell, right? The Mustang was the wifes idea. I wanted a Vette but she wanted a Stang. And I couldnt leave it alone. The bike she loves cause it gets me out of the house in the summer and gives her free time. Apparantly Im a pain in the ass.

kwik, im wondering, whats under the car cover with the white wall tires?

Nice looking mag also, love xmt's classic rt bodies.

MOTY3
    Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    They do suck up the money but what the hell, right? The Mustang was the wifes idea. I wanted a Vette but she wanted a Stang. And I couldnt leave it alone. The bike she loves cause it gets me out of the house in the summer and gives her free time. Apparantly Im a pain in the ass.
    You luckey luckey man...I wish my wife wanted free time...Maybe i need to be more of a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    You luckey luckey man...I wish my wife wanted free time...Maybe i need to be more of a PITA.
    My wife's free time always costs more than my free time.

Say, there looks like there would be a good bit of room at the top of that frame for a ram...

Well there's lots of room for a ram and Pneumatics in this frame. Just haven't gotten to where I want to use the gun for mech or pneumatic. Under the cover is my moms '82 trans am. All original , 60k miles, spotless. Its a true grocery getter.

Nice use of the body!

Not trying to be a showoff here but what the hell. Paintball is where I probably spend the least money. Heres two other projects that I try to keep up with:

Oh man I love Mustangs!

That frame looks awesome on there.

Dood that fish tank is Sa WeeT!!! cant wait to see pics of it all done yo!!! that Mag is looking great too...cant wait to see a video of that shootin man!!!

Fish tank update:

I got the sand washed off and put into the tank. Rinsing the dust off of 120 lbs of sand in my shower in a mesh bag makes a hell of a mess. Then I added water and treated out chlorine and nitrates. Added somewhere around 30 lbs of salt. I had prepaid last week for a big piece of live rock the fish store had so I went and picked that up. They were out of other big pieces so that will have to wait until later this week. It now has to cycle for a few days before adding fish. Heres what it looks like now:

OK , so I had some time today to get back on track with the Quest project. I was able to get the Omega rail drilled and tapped to mount the frame to and get the hole cut for the air line to pass thru. Using this rail also allows me to move the front grip further forward which was of importance to me. I did switch the foregrip because I had an angled vasa I wanted to use. The grip for now is the reg off of the Quest donor gun. As usual my scuba is empty and I have 600psi of which to test with. I had another setup to test the valve under full pressure and I had no leaks in my work to this point. I like using the Max Flo because I have a center output that lines right up with the bottom center of the frame. I havent gotten the sear and trigger done yet as I may still go with pnuematics. Heres some pics:

how are you attaching the airline to your valve?

I did what Flatliner did. I drilled and tapped a new air port on the bottom of the valve where the field strip screw used to be. I have a straight macro fitting coming thru the rail. Thats why Ive had my eye on this frame for a while. It has that snatch grip area that goes all the way to the back of the rail that is empty. The air line comes down into that part of the frame and bends around. In the pics above the airline is ran and connected already. I left the grip panels off to show its there sort of. I will take it apart tomorrow and get some pics of whats going on in there.

I did take a pic earlier when I was testing this before putting all together. One of the other tanks I had here has alot more air in it to test for leaks which is why I had it put together this way.

I did take a pic earlier when I was testing this before putting all together. One of the other tanks I had here has alot more air in it to test for leaks which is why I had it put together this way.

i thought of this for a project as well...

Did you clamp this in a vice and use a drill press to make a 1/8 npt hole center with the other air inlet?

can we get pics of bottom of valve

To get it to seal up right you have to remember the field strip screw hole is there. The outside diameter of the hole you are drilling and tapping has to cover the field strip screw. If you put the hole exactly where the other inlets are, except its on the bottom of the valve, you will have half of the field strip screw hole still exposed. I made that mistake and ruined one X valve which ended up being filled in with JB Weld and done again. I drilled the pilot hole first which was the same size as the inlet to the regulator. Then I switched to the bigger bit that encompassed the field strip hole. And finally ran a tap.

I drew a picture real quick to kind of explain it better. Basically if you drill the hole exactly where the other inlet is but on the bottom it will not work. You need to move the hole you are drilling over the field strip hole.

very interesting, this is my next project.

did you make a new 10-32 hole to hold the valve or does the straight fitting (i assume) hold it in