Thread: ULE feedneck

ULE feedneck

How are these held in? I wanna remove a stock feedneck. Wont budge as is. Thanks. Just wanna know what I'm up against, loctite or what-not.

No telling whats holding it in. Some people have been known to loctitie them. From the factory i beleive they are just screwed on. Try a strap wrench. If that doesnt do it, try some penetrating oil and a strap wrench. If its loctited, you may need to try and boil it to loosen it up.

I second the strap wrench. I had the same issues you're having with two bodies with stock feednecks and used a strap wrench on them after running the bodies under hot water and was able to remove them with a little muscle.

Thanks guys ill give it a shot. Would be nice if I remembered where I put my strap wrench though... Haha

If you're replacing the feed neck and get desperate, just drill a hole through the sides of the feed neck and use a screwdriver pushed through to screw it off. The stock feednecks are nearly valueless. So no big loss really.

I have one of the early first run bodies and the feednecks are locked into these and don't come out easy. Boiling won't do it. You need more heat than 100C degrees to break the bond. The hole trick and screw driver gives you good power to rotate the feedneck and break it free.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.