Thread: Thinking about getting an RT pro made

Thinking about getting an RT pro made

Im thinking about ordering a RT custom from airgun designs. Is it worth it or should i look into getting something used? Ive never owned a mag and would like to own one. I used to own a 98 cocker back in the day when mags and cockers were popular, and I recently acquired a brand new in box 98 cocker and I would like to expand my collection. I will be using the mag for scenario and woods and possibly some speedball.

My response is based upon your ability. If you are comfortable with teching or tuning markers and have easy access to air fills I would say buy used. If you're not really the type that enjoys what may be a tedious teching venture and/or you have difficulty in getting air fills, I would say buy new.

I think ill go with new as I dont want to get stuck with someone elses project. Im still learning about these and I dont want to get stuck not knowing how to fix one

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    My response is based upon your ability. If you are comfortable with teching or tuning markers and have easy access to air fills I would say buy used. If you're not really the type that enjoys what may be a tedious teching venture and/or you have difficulty in getting air fills, I would say buy new.

I would say do u want new car smell? if its new u know its all good and hasnt been abused. used well u may get more but thats what u get. its just personal preference. there are so many ways to go on a mag! rock on man!

Look at it this way.
    You'll never need to buy another marker agin.
    And maintenance is minimal.

I can't speak highly enough on these guns. I bought one (new) 6 years ago, went through the tuning process with the kind assistance of several members here, and couldn't be happier. It is an absolute monster. The way I have it tuned now it shoots insanely fast, does so accurately, and so far it has never puked. All it ever seems to need is oil and lots of high pressure air. I haven't seen anything else on the market that I would rather shoot. In fact, I have an electronic Cocker that sits unused since I've had this gun.

And it always freaks out all the electro-guy when I spray it down with water to clean it......

Quote Originally Posted by 38super View Post

And it always freaks out all the electro-guy when I spray it down with water to clean it......
    I know.
    That's one of the major things I love about these guns.
    Drop some oil on the line. Air it up. Hose it down.
    Fire it about 15 times.
    Dry it off.

Done.

Easiest gun for maintenance ever.
    No little springs or fiddly bits to lose if needing to disassemble.

Simply amazing.

No offense, but as a quick hose down doing this is fine. But they do have to be cleaned and maintained. I've received a few of these that have been "hosed down" and put away and they are a mess. The front vasa screws rust, twist locks seize up and barrels rust to the point where you have to use a dowel rod and hammer to get them out.

Even on a Mag proper maintenance goes a long ways.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    No offense, but as a quick hose down doing this is fine. But they do have to be cleaned and maintained. I've received a few of these that have been "hosed down" and put away and they are a mess. The front vasa screws rust, twist locks seize up and barrels rust to the point where you have to use a dowel rod and hammer to get them out.

Even on a Mag proper maintenance goes a long ways.
    You do see where I said "dry it off", right?