Quote Originally Posted by sheister
I have read some unkind words regarding our website and would like to explain why our site lacks the glitz and glam of more mainstream sites.
I'm sorry if my blunt constructive criticism was perceived as "unkind". I thought my use of an internet meme in my first post and a smiley in my second post was sufficient to convey a "tongue-in-cheek" attitude. It was never my intention to honestly offend.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
on a side note... my computer punched my in the face when I opened the site cause of the animations
This is the same thing I was complaining about primarily. I pointed it out too, just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sheister
...a glitz n glam site is very expensive and requires constant upkeep and never ending expenses by a hired webmaster.
Not asking for glitz and glam (actually, hoping for just the opposite!), and it certainly doesn't have to be expensive. If you've got control of the site, and it seems you do, then two things you can do right off the bat are to 1) update the animated .gif to make it a static, left-floated or centered, less annoying image, and 2) quit using all the text effects - there's no need for all the different text colors, sizes and highlighting. There are a bunch of articles on the web about site design do's and don'ts. Just browse a few and a website facelift could be completed in a few hours.

You've got one thing right: if the product is good, it will sell itself.