Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special AGD/AO Bomb Swabs??

Quote Originally Posted by sheister
    I have read some unkind words regarding our website and would like to explain why our site lacks the glitz and glam of more mainstream sites.
    I'm sorry if my blunt constructive criticism was perceived as "unkind". I thought my use of an internet meme in my first post and a smiley in my second post was sufficient to convey a "tongue-in-cheek" attitude. It was never my intention to honestly offend.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    on a side note... my computer punched my in the face when I opened the site cause of the animations
    This is the same thing I was complaining about primarily. I pointed it out too, just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sheister
    ...a glitz n glam site is very expensive and requires constant upkeep and never ending expenses by a hired webmaster.
    Not asking for glitz and glam (actually, hoping for just the opposite!), and it certainly doesn't have to be expensive. If you've got control of the site, and it seems you do, then two things you can do right off the bat are to 1) update the animated .gif to make it a static, left-floated or centered, less annoying image, and 2) quit using all the text effects - there's no need for all the different text colors, sizes and highlighting. There are a bunch of articles on the web about site design do's and don'ts. Just browse a few and a website facelift could be completed in a few hours.

You've got one thing right: if the product is good, it will sell itself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    They are excellent. Other brands fall apart in under a year.
    The only swabs I've really used are the ones made by Redz (with dark red swab material). I do see them shedding from time to time, but so far they've worked pretty well. Just have to rinse them out with hot water after a day of play and let them air dry. How are the Bombswabs different? Anyone got some close-up photos for comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    The only swabs I've really used are the ones made by Redz (with dark red swab material). I do see them shedding from time to time, but so far they've worked pretty well. Just have to rinse them out with hot water after a day of play and let them air dry. How are the Bombswabs different? Anyone got some close-up photos for comparison?
    Well I have never heard of any Bomb Swabs shedding and I have never heard of another swab that wont. They are just a great product with quality and time put into it. Constructive criticism is good but you have made your point and I am sure he will work to improve on it. Right now all this thread is about is whether or not you are interested in the pre-order. Minimum is 20 as stated again and again. I chose to have the AO/AGD swab made by Bomb Swabs because of their product and how great they are which I have learned from a first hand experience. Would you rather have a swab that will last insanely long and is its moneys worth and have it be on website not to your preferences? or would you rather have a swab that will fall apart in sometimes under a month, week and for me under a day, but order it from a beautiful website that looks cool? I chose the product that has a better performance. Because think of it this way. Either way you get an AO swab and if you don't like the website then good thing were using Bomb Swabs because you will only have to order them once.

Pre-order list will be up once photo-shop pic is up. which will hopefully be by the end of the night.

I'll take 2. Colors aren't an issue with me, my Empire ones have about had it. I'm probably going to buy one of those Exalt Barrel Maids for the mean time to try out.

awesome, and we still get to pick the swab color?

Correction from Bomb Swabs. :Regular swabs only . Pod swabs,SEMTEX,Ultra Premium,and Stealth Swabs have no custom label options.

Now this is not a down-grade in product or quality it is a limitation. All swabs are pretty much the same I believe when it comes to pure use (except ultra-premium). All swabs are pretty much equally reliable and good at what there supposed to do but some others have either other uses, looks, or have a different build style .So then this should only cost $8.00 plus shipping. I am not sure about the color but yea you can always chose the color. I am personally gonna choose yellow and black for the AO feel.

here is what we will have for the logo. TOT's pic with color. Colors will be the obvious for the lion (same as AGD) and the hexes in-between will be yellow and black.

hopefully we can get the list the list up by then end of the night if Dave is not busy.

I'm in for 2

I'm interested in the pre-order. So are you saying one end will be black and the other yellow?

Edit: I think when you said yellow/black you were meaning just the middle piece. The ends, we get to pick the colors?

Been using the same bombswab for the last 2 years. Quality product. I'm in for 2.

No. You can choose the colors but for the swab colors I just said what I my self am choosing not as this group as a whole. I am choosing yellow and black because that seems to be the main colors of AO's hexes and logo's. But you guys can choose whatever. Have fun with it. I just felt like expressing my order.

If the photo-shop is not up by the end of tonight I will edit the first post and add on the pre-order just to get that out of the way. I will right down all names that have said they are intrested and post them up. PM me the precise amount you want and if you want to mark one off or add another since payments will not be due yet. If you have just been lurking this thread and refuse to post then PM me and I will throw you onto the list too.

What I will need: The amount of Swabs you want to order, and the left and right size colors you will want.

Please don't have PM's blocked in case if we run into any problems and need to contact you.

Again cost will be $7.99+shipping. For me it totaled up to around $11. Not bad for the last swab you will need.

ill take 3, what are the color options?

ill take 5.
    thankyou.

just let me know the damage.

i would like to see pics of the design and one of the swabs with our design just to reference.

thankyou,
    KNM.

I too am also a sucker for AGD (or AO) labeled anythings. Please sign me up for 2.

KNM. Sorry for all of the delay for the pic. Dave has been busy and has just gotten around to talking to me and says he will talk to his board tomorrow and get the pic up. The default swab in the pic will consist of: Left side= yellow, Right side= black, connector= black and yellow swirls, and TOTShadows logo with color. I am setting up the pre-order list now. your cost will be $40 worth in swabs and whatever shipping comes out to. You could check your precise amount by going to his website and proceeding with purchasing a normal order and enter your zipcode and it will estimate the shipping for you.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to post color options. Color choices are as follows. default will be the example pic. Red, Blue, Black, Grey, Orange, Burnt Orange, Hot pink, Light Blue, Yellow, Flo green, White, Brilliant Blue.

Visit http://bombswabs.com/cube_cart/index...d&productId=19 for a better reference for colors.
    Last edited by Freedy500; 01-17-2013 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    KNM. Sorry for all of the delay for the pic. Dave has been busy and has just gotten around to talking to me and says he will talk to his board tomorrow and get the pic up. The default swab in the pic will consist of: Left side= yellow, Right side= black, connector= black and yellow swirls, and TOTShadows logo with color. I am setting up the pre-order list now. your cost will be $40 worth in swabs and whatever shipping comes out to. You could check your precise amount by going to his website and proceeding with purchasing a normal order and enter your zipcode and it will estimate the shipping for you.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to post color options. Color choices are as follows. default will be the example pic. Red, Blue, Black, Grey, Orange, Burnt Orange, Hot pink, Light Blue, Yellow, Flo green, White, Brilliant Blue.

Visit http://bombswabs.com/cube_cart/index...d&productId=19 for a better reference for colors.
    i have not problem with a price close to that.

the color combo sounds great.
    post up when you make the list.

thankyou,
    Ryan M.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i have not problem with a price close to that.

the color combo sounds great.
    post up when you make the list.

thankyou,
    Ryan M.
    Post is Edited on to the original post. So you want the default correct?

Black for both sides please.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
    keiko_819:

Number Desired: 3
    Left sides color:
    Right sides color:
    1 Black and Red
    1 Green and Purple
    1 Blue and Brilliant Blue

thanks...

I'll take 2, 1 black / yellow, 1 black / purple

One part of the site shows "Olive" as a color, but the other part doesn't have it listed. Is that color available?

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    I'm probably going to buy one of those Exalt Barrel Maids for the mean time to try out.
    Save your money!

Ill take 2, on each I want a lime green on one side and a black on the other

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    One part of the site shows "Olive" as a color, but the other part doesn't have it listed. Is that color available?
    Yes olive is available but a semi retired color which explains why its in the builder but not color options. If you want olive simply request it and we will be happy to make it for you! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOTShadowCompany View Post

Is it possible to obtain this logo in greater resolution? We attempted to add color but its very blurry when zoomed in. We want to avoid creating anything else hideous.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...any-Volunteers

look at the 3rd or 4th post here for the picture

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...any-Volunteers

look at the 3rd or 4th post here for the picture

PERFECT! Thanks!

Name:  sample.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  54.9 KB

Just a quick shopping. The logo aspect ratio will be sacrificed somewhat but the logo will wrap around the rod and thus give more room to preserve the look of the logo better.

cool, lets get a pre-order list

Name:  actual-sample.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  416.9 KB

Here is an actual sample made.