Thread: help on EP Automag using Dye UL PM5 Frame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

help on EP Automag using Dye UL PM5 Frame

Hi All,

So I'm trying to build my second EP mag using a Pm5 UL frame and I'm having trouble fitting the RAM in between the frame and rail. There's a 1/4 inch of the ram sticking out so it prevents the rail from sitting there. Has anyone built one of these frames, and how did you make it fit using the stock pm5 board. I could go utb, but I prefer to keep the stock board. As always, any help will be appreciated. The picture below is built by kenjay on mcb.

-Brandon

Name:  RerEzl.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  43.1 KB

Can you mill a pocket in the rail where the ram protudes?

Problem is now the bottom part of the sear will hit the ram and won't release the bolt. I don't know if I have to cut the sear a bit.

Sounds like pics are in order.

Ok, here's the picture. As you can see, I'm using an AM rail and the sear is in "firing position", which is the furthest the ram will extend. However, the sear will hit the ram. Unfortunately, the magnet and trigger will prevent me from putting the ram any further down the grip. Any advice? If there's a shorter ram, I'd be truly happy, but I don't think there's anything out there.

Name:  IMG_0108.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  22.6 KB

Thanks,
    Brandon

Yeah, doesnt really look like there is the kind of room you need in that frame with the stock board. Think you might be screwed.