Thread: Predator-Morlock board

Predator-Morlock board

My board's firing mode resets everytime I turn it off. Is that normal? For example, I turn it on while hold trigger, press trigger twice and set to burst mode. I turn off board and back on, back to firing at semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by livebrando View Post
    My board's firing mode resets everytime I turn it off. Is that normal? For example, I turn it on while hold trigger, press trigger twice and set to burst mode. I turn off board and back on, back to firing at semi-auto.
    Are the dip switches in the correct position?

The dip switches are on off (down) when I go to programming. Should I put one or both of them back up, and then turn off the board?

Both switches need to be off , you cannot program if either are on , up down , I don't remember

when you pull the trigger twice that puts you in the ROF section , the pred's i've had don't have a burst mode ; semi , auto response , full auto ,NXL a bunch of ramping modes ,

Hold , turn on , pull trigger 1 time to get to FM ( will flash current setting ) , pull 1 time for semi , pull 2 times for AR , pull 3 times for FA ( will flash 2 times to indicate new setting taken ) then turn off

Both dip switches need to be off in order to program the board.

What is the version of your board?

Version 5.0 programming is:

(1) Hold trigger in while turning on board. LED will flash once to indicate programming mode.
    (2) Release the trigger and then pull the trigger once to enter "Firing mode". LED will flash the number of times representing the firing mode.
    1=Semi, 2=Auto Response, 3=Full Auto, 4= Smooth Ramp, 5=Assisted Ramp, 6=Fast Ramp, 7=Triplet shot ramping, 8=PSP1(3 shots then fast ramp), 9=PSP2(3 shots then super fast ramp), 10=PSP3(3 shots then triple shot ramping), 11=NXL, 12=Breakout(Full auto until trigger released then fast ramping), 13=OMFG, 14=NXL Breakout(1st shot Full auto, then 3 shots and full auto after that)
    (3) Pull trigger the number of times corresponding to the number of the new firing mode you want. LED will flash 2 times to indicate the setting was saved.
    (4) The board will automatically reboot when you change the setting in register 1.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I don't know what version it is, but my settings are different than everyone else's. Here are the registers:

Register:

1 Fire mode :
    -1 for sniper
    -2 for autoresponse
    -3 for fully-automatic
    -4 for cocker

2 Burst mode:
    - Set Number of shots per burst

http://www.zdspb.com/tech/km2board/p...ockmanual.html

Oh boy... you have an original pre-predator morlock. Those can be a giant PITA

Yeah just got it, must be a dud. I will trash it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by livebrando View Post
    Yeah just got it, must be a dud. I will trash it right now.
    IIRC, there was a weird trick to saving the settings. Double check the manual. I had come across one in an emag not too long ago that I tuned for someone. I was really different then the newer ones I was used to.

Maybe your board has been upgraded to a newer version. It you selected register 2 and programmed a burst number, it would represent a global rate of fire on the upgraded board, but the fire mode would remain in semi. That would explain why your board never seems to get out of semi auto. It may not be the case but its something to check out.

Post up a picture of it,...

And like it was mentioned,... you have the old code on your chip.

I think I have an original manual around the shop..... See if I can dig it up

I just thought of this when I woke up today:

Easy way to tell which code you have is counting the amount of registers you can adjust.

If you have 11 = original code

If you have 13 = Predator-Morlock 5+ code