Thread: This is one of the reasons why I love mags so much

This is one of the reasons why I love mags so much

A fellow teammate told me that a friend of his gave him an old Mag that has been sitting in a gearbag for the past 10 years. He gassed it up and leaked severly. I told him to bring it over.

This is what he brought:

I gassed it up and air was gushing out of the ASA, braided lines and breach. So I opened it up. Nasty!

Thankfully I had spare o-rings and bolt springs. The metal trigger frame was a good sign that this was a very old model and I assumed it was a Level 5 or 6 bolt. This was confirmed when I removed the powertube tip, as I didn't find a brass spacer, but rather a spring. The o-rings had lost their elasticity and were brittle. I replaced all of them, gave the valve, bolt, rail and body a good scrub and reassembled the marker. Added macroline and gassed it up.

It now shoots like a champ!

Gotta love AGD durability. Even left dirty for a decade, this thing still rips!

~like button~

Don't forget the power feed plug if it ever starts chopping.

MOTY3
    OMG that poor lil bolt and spring left alone, filthy and in the dark for all those years...but now it will be loved again

Guns like those are the reason i never air up a mag that has been neglected and I dont know the history of. I always open them up first, clean, and check for missing or improper parts. THEN air up. but yes, you can always bring a mag back to life.

MOTY3
    I presume he will be using HPA on that Mag since the expansion chamber is bypassed...does anyone use co2 on Classic Mags any more?

My CO2 cylinders have been collecting dust for so long. Yup, this will be HPA-only from now on.

Guns like these are why I disagree with the statement that you can just hose your Mag off and run some oil through it as basic maintenance. With it that nasty did you even try to take the Vert ASA off? Bet that sucker is rusted solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    My CO2 cylinders have been collecting dust for so long. Yup, this will be HPA-only from now on.
    You can ditch the expansion then and save a lot of weight

i like mags cause they are easy to spell

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    I presume he will be using HPA on that Mag since the expansion chamber is bypassed...does anyone use co2 on Classic Mags any more?
    I still use co2 on my classic, a 3.5oz so as to act like it is a pistol...

MOTY3
    We used to run ours with verticle 20 oz.ers before hpa...and of coarse anti-syphon tubes.

friend bought an ebay 100 dollar automag, went out and played with it, and it shot fine.

took it back to my place, striped it down, found dirt in the regulator and power tube. cleaned it up.

shot AMAZING after that.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

you should have left the SS line on there, through the x-chamber. give people that extra double take

Haha yeah, but the braided lines were rusty and one was leaking, so I opted for macroline instead.

MOTY3
    Those Hardlines on your finger print nightmare are king, one of the sweetest classics out there.

I love hardline. There's no chance of it busting in your face like Macroline does every now and then, plus it looks so sleek.

I haven't had a macroline burst on me so far.

I've had a couple come to me in similar condition, those old gear bag scores are nice when you find them.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

Quote Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
    I haven't had a macroline burst on me so far.
    I have had some macroline explode right near my eye at 1200 psi. I was not phased

That's one hell of an expansion chamber

Talking still riping!! lol http://www.facebook.com/TeamElitePaintball like us

http://www.facebook.com/TeamElitePaintball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6R2XUi6rJY
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    A fellow teammate told me that a friend of his gave him an old Mag that has been sitting in a gearbag for the past 10 years. He gassed it up and leaked severly. I told him to bring it over.

This is what he brought:

I gassed it up and air was gushing out of the ASA, braided lines and breach. So I opened it up. Nasty!

Thankfully I had spare o-rings and bolt springs. The metal trigger frame was a good sign that this was a very old model and I assumed it was a Level 5 or 6 bolt. This was confirmed when I removed the powertube tip, as I didn't find a brass spacer, but rather a spring. The o-rings had lost their elasticity and were brittle. I replaced all of them, gave the valve, bolt, rail and body a good scrub and reassembled the marker. Added macroline and gassed it up.

It now shoots like a champ!

Gotta love AGD durability. Even left dirty for a decade, this thing still rips!