Thread: This is one of the reasons why I love mags so much

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is one of the reasons why I love mags so much

A fellow teammate told me that a friend of his gave him an old Mag that has been sitting in a gearbag for the past 10 years. He gassed it up and leaked severly. I told him to bring it over.

This is what he brought:

I gassed it up and air was gushing out of the ASA, braided lines and breach. So I opened it up. Nasty!

Thankfully I had spare o-rings and bolt springs. The metal trigger frame was a good sign that this was a very old model and I assumed it was a Level 5 or 6 bolt. This was confirmed when I removed the powertube tip, as I didn't find a brass spacer, but rather a spring. The o-rings had lost their elasticity and were brittle. I replaced all of them, gave the valve, bolt, rail and body a good scrub and reassembled the marker. Added macroline and gassed it up.

It now shoots like a champ!

Gotta love AGD durability. Even left dirty for a decade, this thing still rips!

~like button~

Don't forget the power feed plug if it ever starts chopping.

MOTY3
    OMG that poor lil bolt and spring left alone, filthy and in the dark for all those years...but now it will be loved again

Guns like those are the reason i never air up a mag that has been neglected and I dont know the history of. I always open them up first, clean, and check for missing or improper parts. THEN air up. but yes, you can always bring a mag back to life.

MOTY3
    I presume he will be using HPA on that Mag since the expansion chamber is bypassed...does anyone use co2 on Classic Mags any more?

Talking still riping!! lol http://www.facebook.com/TeamElitePaintball like us

http://www.facebook.com/TeamElitePaintball http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6R2XUi6rJY
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    A fellow teammate told me that a friend of his gave him an old Mag that has been sitting in a gearbag for the past 10 years. He gassed it up and leaked severly. I told him to bring it over.

This is what he brought:

I gassed it up and air was gushing out of the ASA, braided lines and breach. So I opened it up. Nasty!

Thankfully I had spare o-rings and bolt springs. The metal trigger frame was a good sign that this was a very old model and I assumed it was a Level 5 or 6 bolt. This was confirmed when I removed the powertube tip, as I didn't find a brass spacer, but rather a spring. The o-rings had lost their elasticity and were brittle. I replaced all of them, gave the valve, bolt, rail and body a good scrub and reassembled the marker. Added macroline and gassed it up.

It now shoots like a champ!

Gotta love AGD durability. Even left dirty for a decade, this thing still rips!