Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Vertical Hypermag Frame

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    468

    Vertical Hypermag Frame

    Hi guys,

    Recently saw Luke's vertical frame thread and it brought me back to my own mag project I was working on about 3-4 years ago. I wanted to make a vertical frame version of the Hyperframe using the Predator Morlock board. The frame is close to the same height as a 45* frame, it also has a roller bearing carbon fiber trigger and magnet return.

    I figured I'd post and share some pics of the 'prototype' frame I had custom made for me. Everything works, but the machining quality and some of the things the guy implemented wasn't what I had in mind or discussed with him originally, so decided not to use it for my new mag. The guy offered to work on it some more, but I decided to put it on hold for a bit, and maybe find someone else able to give it a shot.

    Anyway, I pulled the parts out of storage and took a few pics. Let me know what you think.





    Last edited by st6212; 01-18-2013 at 11:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    346
    Looks good

    Are there pockets milled in the grips to clear the solenoid?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,815

    "I'm not happy unless you're not happy"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    i neeeeeed one of those frame BigEvil.
    anyone who has one wont let em go will they?
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i neeeeeed one of those frame BigEvil.
    anyone who has one wont let em go will they?
    Probably not. I think less then 10 where made. I know mines not going anywhere. Its mounted to one of my Classic RT's

    Have you thought of one of Jai's VER frames?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by GEE TEE View Post
    Looks good

    Are there pockets milled in the grips to clear the solenoid?
    Yep, that's correct. The frame is extremely light with the amount of metal that was taken out. There were a couple of areas that could of been removed also, which I asked for, but was never done.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    That looks great BE. The one thing I didn't like about that type of frame was the height.

    I had specified mine to be the same height as a regular HF/45* frame. Instead the guy made it a little taller than that, still shorter than the regular 90* vert frames. But its just another thing in the list of issues I had with the maker.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,815
    Quote Originally Posted by st6212 View Post
    That looks great BE. The one thing I didn't like about that type of frame was the height.

    I had specified mine to be the same height as a regular HF/45* frame. Instead the guy made it a little taller than that, still shorter than the regular 90* vert frames. But its just another thing in the list of issues I had with the maker.
    I piggy-backed 10 (or 12 I dont even remember) of the E90s on the last run of the Magnus M90s frames Tuna was selling. The height of the frame really isnt too much of an issue. The ergonomics are really good, and I am by no means a fan of the 90* frames. However, there is a lot of room in there to work with. Same thing with the M90. I have been messing with 45 and 86 versions of this frame and the space limitations are really a hindrance.

    I have been asked often about a 45 version and I would love to make one. I can overcome the couple of issues that I ran into pretty easy if I decided to go with a custom grip panel. My big concern right now would be boards. I don't think UTBs will be available anymore soon and until p8ntbal4me moves forward with his new one there are no other options.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I have been asked often about a 45 version and I would love to make one. I can overcome the couple of issues that I ran into pretty easy if I decided to go with a custom grip panel. My big concern right now would be boards. I don't think UTBs will be available anymore soon and until p8ntbal4me moves forward with his new one there are no other options.
    I really dont know much about electros but why not design the frame around a cheapie board like this> http://www.e-paintball.com/virtue-un...aser-eyes.html

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,815
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I really dont know much about electros but why not design the frame around a cheapie board like this> http://www.e-paintball.com/virtue-un...aser-eyes.html

    Funny you should mention that one, it was on the drawing board, and it might go back on it. At first my goal was to be able to use some sort of existing grip on them, but that doesnt look like its possible. On a 45 set up - the noid is right where the top screw hole should be. Im not against making panels, but I would just love to be able to slap a really nice set of Dye stickies on it. I think it makes it look that much more legit.

    So now that we are on this topic... how have your frame milling skills be developing

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Funny you should mention that one, it was on the drawing board, and it might go back on it. At first my goal was to be able to use some sort of existing grip on them, but that doesnt look like its possible. On a 45 set up - the noid is right where the top screw hole should be. Im not against making panels, but I would just love to be able to slap a really nice set of Dye stickies on it. I think it makes it look that much more legit.
    Designing around existing parts make life very difficult for sure. However when doing this stuff you need to just move forward and make the changes necessary to get the parts to market.

    So now that we are on this topic... how have your frame milling skills be developing
    I have learned a ton this past year and can probably hook you up as long as it is not 4 axis work. I have seen some of your various posts around several other forums and would love to help get some you your ideas to market. The ball has been in your court for awhile, take a shot.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Probably not. I think less then 10 where made. I know mines not going anywhere. Its mounted to one of my Classic RT's

    Have you thought of one of Jai's VER frames?
    didnt like it too much.
    trigger guard was to skinny for my taste.
    thats why got rid of it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Funny you should mention that one, it was on the drawing board, and it might go back on it. At first my goal was to be able to use some sort of existing grip on them, but that doesnt look like its possible. On a 45 set up - the noid is right where the top screw hole should be. Im not against making panels, but I would just love to be able to slap a really nice set of Dye stickies on it. I think it makes it look that much more legit.

    So now that we are on this topic... how have your frame milling skills be developing
    Unfortunately, not only is the screw hole an issue, but you'd also need to allow for width of the solenoid.

    Part of my mag project was to include making a set of custom rubber grips with an aluminium or hard plastic insert to cover and support the solenoid area, either grip panel style or as a wraparound.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Designing around existing parts make life very difficult for sure. However when doing this stuff you need to just move forward and make the changes necessary to get the parts to market.



    I have learned a ton this past year and can probably hook you up as long as it is not 4 axis work. I have seen some of your various posts around several other forums and would love to help get some you your ideas to market. The ball has been in your court for awhile, take a shot.

    If you're interested in making an electro version of the frame you're currently working on. I'd definitely be on board for that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •