Thread: Benchmark AM/MM rail material

Benchmark AM/MM rail material

I'm about to head over to my dads house to help him weld up some stuff on his jeep. I was planning on taking over my drop forward and rail to Polish them up, he has a cloth wheel for an air drill and a big block of compound. I just wanted to double check since I bought this thing over 10 years ago, Benchmark came out with an aluminum rail AND a chrome rail correct? Because this rail has lost its luster and is a different brightness than my chrome parts I'm assuming I was smart and bought the lighter aluminum. But when.I looked up benchmark frames it said they were only available in chrome/nickel,black, red etc....

Can someone confirm this?

All their rails are made of aluminum. Some were possibly chromed, some were anodized.

Thanks for the reply, only reason I asked is justus is selling one in the FS section that is chrome, it looks much glossier than mine did. Then I looked them up and it listed all color finishes including nickel/chrome....

But I did a scratch test on one of the inside pockets and its aluminum. Got my drop and rail all polished today and going back together. There is now barely a visible difference between my chrome and aluminum parts

Spent about 30 minutes with some 2000 grit and then about the same on the buffer, looks like I bought em today and not 12 years ago!

Chrome is a coating, not a construction material. The chrome ones are chrome plated aluminum.