Thread: RT mag w\ Level 10 issues

RT mag w\ Level 10 issues

Hey guys, I seem to have a compound problem involving my Level 10 and actual firing

With my old (kinda rusty) gold bolt spring in there seems to be bolt stick, with the system not resetting after I shoot it. I added 2 shims and that fixed it a bit, but it still doesn't fully reset sometimes....so I replaced the old spring with a new Red spring....which brings us to the next part

With the red spring in it doesn't shoot. At all. I can feel pressure in my trigger pull, but nothing happens. Also, the red spring is about a coil and ahalf longer than my old bolt.

I don't think it's the carrier, but suggestions are welcome. Please help me.

Once you install the red spring you need to adj the velocity up a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Once you install the red spring you need to adj the velocity up a little more.
    when I do, my baby, she Vents from the velocity adjustor area.

Well then. You might have a bad piston. If you have another mag. Replace the reg piston and air it up again.

I was having problems with mine as well.
    Took out the gold spring, and compared it to another.
    It was definitely compressed.
    Changed spring. Problems went way.
    Last edited by Henchman; 01-20-2013 at 12:56 PM.

The bolt springs are consumable items and do wear out. They need to be replaced from time to time. They slow down the reset action and will cause "temporary" bolt stick but the bolt will reset.

If the bolt stick persists such that the bolt will not reset at all, then the carrier size is too small for the oring you are using. If the gun fires but won't reset, shims aren't the answer. They might work in a pinch but all they are doing is allowing more of the air to leak out of the powertube reducing the opposing force such that the oring friction force plus chamber air force is less than the bolt spring force. You need to correct the real problem which is the carrier size.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.