Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living Legends 6

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Are any of you bringing radios this year? If so, what kind? I have a couple Motorola Talkabouts that I keep bringing and then not using because everyone seems to use Midlands.
    we bring motorola's (i think). Not sure on kind.

We usually bring some, but rarely use them. I can't seem to ever find a throat mic that works worth a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    We usually bring some, but rarely use them. I can't seem to ever find a throat mic that works worth a crap.
    I've got one from these guys. It seems to get the job done. They are relatively inexpensive and the radio end of the cord is interchangeable. So, if you get a new radio of a different make, you can just purchase a new plug. The only problem is they are in Asia, so shipping takes forever.
    Last edited by bbotts77; 03-13-2013 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Forgot the link :tard:

I've got one from these guys. It seems to get the job done. They are relatively inexpensive and the radio end of the cord is interchangeable. So, if you get a new radio of a different make, you can just purchase a new plug. The only problem is they are in Asia, so shipping takes forever.
    One I have looks fairly simliar. We tried them a few times and just couldnt get it working right. Appreciate the link though.

we just hook ours up to a lanyard and wear under our jerseys around our necks. It's rare they are used in the heat of battle, so we just duck back 20 feet or so to use them. or wait until its calm. with the field so huge and the relative ease to not get pinned down it's always been pretty easy to just grab the walkie and push the button to have a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    well unfortunately I will joining the The New Empire side under the Centaur Legion. One of my buddies is going to be one of the commanders. (D.J. "Honu" Fox)
    I met Honu at the CPX Legion meet & greet. He's a really good guy. I might feel a little bad about shooting him.

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post

we will be going to Heroes Saturday evening if you care to walk over there with us. We are all at the same hotel
    I finally looked Heroes up. We're actually at the other Hampton Inn, near Tilted Kilts.

I met Honu at the CPX Legion meet & greet. He's a really good guy. I might feel a little bad about shooting him.
    Also, you guys who are on teams and hit CPX a couple times a year should look into joining CPX Legion.

I am really thinking that Chris from Flurry and I will be there.

I am bringing Motorola talk abouts as well. I have tried a few throat mics and haven't found one i could recommend. I basically use them for reinsertion to see where everyones at.
    I am staying at the Ramada.

Shooting Honu gets easier after the first time you do it Nice running into you at CPX. I determined that my mag breaking paint was due to the paint being too old, as opposed to that Lapco barrel adapter I was using. Thanks for offering your spare. How often do you go to CPX?

Quote Originally Posted by badpennny View Post
    Shooting Honu gets easier after the first time you do it Nice running into you at CPX. I determined that my mag breaking paint was due to the paint being too old, as opposed to that Lapco barrel adapter I was using. Thanks for offering your spare. How often do you go to CPX?
    Did one of you have the polished minimag ULE body mag? I was at the CPX legion event but didn't end up bringing my mag stuff - wish I would have. I'll be at LL6, playing on Honu's team.

That was bbotts. I had a black ULE I hope to take out again very soon with good paint.

That was bbotts. I had a black ULE I hope to take out again very soon with good paint.
    Nice! I just finished building this, i'll bring it out to LL6:

It was good to meet you, too. I would agree with you on the paint causing the breaks. I as also breaking paint because I had my detents too close together. After I popped one out, I broke far less paint. I added an oring to each of them when I got home.
    Quote Originally Posted by ginetta View Post
    Did one of you have the polished minimag ULE body mag? I was at the CPX legion event but didn't end up bringing my mag stuff - wish I would have. I'll be at LL6, playing on Honu's team.
    That was me. You should have introduced yourself. It was a meet and greet, after all
    Quote Originally Posted by ginetta View Post
    Nice! I just finished building this, i'll bring it out to LL6:
    Very nice. The CF looks really nice with the black body.

Haha you're right, I noticed the gun as I was walking in for my game at Bedlam and then just spaced. Hopefully we will do another one soon and I will get a chance to meet you guys then, or at the very least i'll see you at LL.

Sorry been absent awhile got the list updated 13 on it as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I am flying in thursday night, and staying at the Ramada limited.
    I went with 3 cases to be on the safe side because my Immortal Viking gets hungry.
    Flying out monday....if anyone is coming in and out of ohare and wants to split a ride let know.
    You might have better luck on the LL section of TechPB. It's definitely a much bigger audience. I'd love to help you out, but I'm not available either of those days.

question to everyone comming. does anyone have a 68/4500 I can borrow for legends? I just was that little bit of extra air to stay out longer

who all is bringing what to the bbq? I was thinking friday night for the cookout

who all is bringing what to the bbq? I was thinking friday night for the cookout
    I was also thinking Friday night for the BBQ. I'm not sure what we will be bringing other than a couple of small grills and some natural hardwood charcoal. I know my guys are currently working on our list of crap to bring, so I'll have them figure out what we'll be grilling. I can't promise anything right now, but we might shoot for steak and chicken tacos.

question to everyone comming. does anyone have a 68/4500 I can borrow for legends? I just was that little bit of extra air to stay out longer
    I know SwapMyTank is going to be renting them for $20 for the weekend. But, I'll try to remember to pack an extra one for you.
    Last edited by bbotts77; 05-06-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: ...even if you are playing with Honu.

I may have an extra tank, depending on whether or not my brother can get medically cleared to play by then. Where is everyone planning on staging/camping? I'm leaning towards camp ground #1, near the tree line since I'd like the extra shade. Also would like some space for the generator and a larger tree to secure it to. If you see some movies/360 gaming going on with a projector, that will probably be me! As far as food, we generally bring a small grill and enough fresh food for just the two of us, since space for coolers is limited with all of our other amenit- I mean, necessities.

Does anyone know if water spigots will be available for our use? I don't mean the drinking fountain, I mean an actual spigot that I can fill a 5-gallon container with in short order.

Ill just say ill have my phone on me. 920-838-1181.

Honu is awesome btw. I ref/play with him at boneyard

I was planning on cooking out by skipp on friday night. Hes camping.

Ill just say ill have my phone on me. 920-838-1181.
    I will also have mine on me whenever I'm not out on the field. Again, if you guys want me to start a private Google spreadsheet for phone numbers, just PM me your email address and cell phone number. I'll be happy to set it up and share it with each of you and I promise not to use your info for anything else.
    Honu is awesome btw. I ref/play with him at boneyard
    Honu is a great guy and so are the rest of the members of Ohana PB. I'm just giving you crap because you're playing with him instead of us.
    I was planning on cooking out by skipp on friday night. Hes camping.
    Cool. I don't have any problems lugging out grills and stuff over by skipp for Friday night. I plan on setting my canopy up along the tree line in campland #1.

I'm not just playing with him, I'm lugging out 5-6 of my friends and we all want to play together.

plus all the other people who I play with on the field will be with me...

besides, I have to give the New Empire a fighting chance against your lot

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't wait. By this time next week, I will be setting up my canopy.

exactly!

ok... I'm only bringing food if other people say their bringing stuff.

if someone will bring hamburgers and someone else buns

I'll bring enough brats for 20 people