Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living Legends 6

Sounds like I need to crap or get off the pot before all the cheap hotel rooms are booked.

Went ahead and booked a hotel this morning, so if you want to be me as a tentative you can. Figured it made more sense to book the hotel and cancel than it did to wait until the last minute and pay 3x the going rate.

Frank, we will definitely have to exchange phone numbers as I am always down for some good fried chicken. I forget, do they have a night session at LL? I'm not a fan of night play at all.

getting a phone number list together wouldnt be a bad idea for all of us actually. but we still have a couple months to figure it out

here's the super 8 i'm staying at

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...&ved=0CN0BEMgT

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    yeah i plan on staying close to the hotel Saturday night. Have some drinks and stagger back.
    I talked to my partner in crime this morning. We've decided to get chicken on Friday night and hang with you guys on Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Went ahead and booked a hotel this morning, so if you want to be me as a tentative you can. Figured it made more sense to book the hotel and cancel than it did to wait until the last minute and pay 3x the going rate.

Frank, we will definitely have to exchange phone numbers as I am always down for some good fried chicken. I forget, do they have a night session at LL? I'm not a fan of night play at all.
    Good plan, booking the hotel.

You're more than welcome to get chicken with us. However, we will probably go for chicken on Friday night, now.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    getting a phone number list together wouldnt be a bad idea for all of us actually. but we still have a couple months to figure it out
    If you guys want to PM me your email addresses, I'll get a google spreadsheet started for a phone list and share it with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Good plan, booking the hotel.

You're more than welcome to get chicken with us. However, we will probably go for chicken on Friday night, now.
    I'll probably stop at the field and play the pump/pistol game on Friday night. Guess it depends on what time you guys are going or what. Either way is cool. Joliet actually has a fair amount of decent places to eat.

Looks like the same one I booked.

so chicken friday and bbq on saturday

im not even comming for the game anymore, i wanna play in my spare time when we're not eating

Quote Originally Posted by harleywrench001 View Post
    I will be going and staying at Motel 6 (about 15min away).
    Just a heads up, if its the motel 6 off I-80 your in for a adventure. Oh, and bring your own towels and soap and shampoo, they wont give you any. There's a gas station on the other side of the same parking lot, and they advise you to not walk to the gas station after dark or you will get robbed. On the bright side a local would probably give you a half & half for $10....

I'll probably stop at the field and play the pump/pistol game on Friday night.
    We'll be there and expect to be in the same staging pavillion as last year. So you know where to find us.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    Just a heads up, if its the motel 6 off I-80 your in for a adventure. Oh, and bring your own towels and soap and shampoo, they wont give you any. There's a gas station on the other side of the same parking lot, and they advise you to not walk to the gas station after dark or you will get robbed. On the bright side a local would probably give you a half & half for $10....
    Man! I am staying at the wrong hotel!

We'll be there and expect to be in the same staging pavillion as last year. So you know where to find us.
    Hey! I know that dude!

lot of truth there. First year i went to LL i stayed at the Holiday Inn on the west side of Larkin. Went to the gas station in the evening to get some smokes. yeah.....pretty sketchy when the day light fades.
    Over where i stay now, off Riverboat is like night and day compared to that area.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by wimag View Post
    lot of truth there. First year i went to LL i stayed at the Holiday Inn on the west side of Larkin. Went to the gas station in the evening to get some smokes. yeah.....pretty sketchy when the day light fades.
    Over where i stay now, off Riverboat is like night and day compared to that area.
    Can't possible be as bad as Gary Indiana which is just a 20 minute drive from me lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Njt11 View Post
    Can't possible be as bad as Gary Indiana which is just a 20 minute drive from me lol!
    Gary is on a level all its own. But as with all larger cities there are bad...and not so bad areas. Age and experience allows you to know when to keep one chambered.....or on reserve.

After reading some of the comments about the Motel 6 area, I started checking and this hotel was right around the corner. When I booked it, I thought it was in a different area. After reading all the reviews and seeing that most were really bad, I switched to the Super 8 by I55. Its in a better area and there is a lot better places around it for food etc. Might be worth the extra $15 to not get mugged or sleep in hooker jiz.
    Last edited by OPBN; 02-15-2013 at 10:03 AM.

After reading some of the comments about the Motel 6 area, I started checking and this hotel was right around the corner. When I booked it, I thought it was in a different area. After reading all the reviews and seeing that most were really bad, I switched to the Super 8 by I55. Its in a better area and there is a lot better places around it for food etc. Might be worth the extra $15 to not get mugged or sleep in hooker jiz.
    ...and it's right next to the Hampton Inn that we're staying at.

sleep in hooker jiz.
    sounds like the stripper from hangover 2

so everyone is staying at my hotel now. I feel special

I-55 area is much better. Both the motel 6 and super 8 off I-55 are just fine. Tilted kilt is right across the street at the mall too. So you can get your old man dirty creep on if you so choose.

I-55 area is much better. Both the motel 6 and super 8 off I-55 are just fine. Tilted kilt is right across the street at the mall too. So you can get your old man dirty creep on if you so choose.
    OOooo +1.

ummm, so since I haven't booked yet, I'll think I will go to the super 8 or the other one close to that! Thanks for the heads up. I mean, I'll be packing when I'm out and about, but don't really want to be in an area where there's a good chance I'll need to use it. lol Also, cheap hookers only sound good on paper.

OOooo +1.
    go there for dinner friday to check em out and sure enough see em Saturday at the Bikini contest !!!

Quote Originally Posted by harleywrench001 View Post
    I mean, I'll be packing when I'm out and about, but don't really want to be in an area where there's a good chance I'll need to use it.
    lets all just walk around holding our paintball guns, no one will bother us

lets all just walk around holding our paintball guns, no one will bother us
    Because walking around in a seedy neighborhood carrying a few thousand dollars worth of paintball guns is always a good idea..... Besides sleeping on crusty sheets, this was the other reason I switched to the I55 location.

I just happen to know where I can get some police riot rounds

hit em with pepper and rubber pellets at 30 bps

I'll be going for sure, hope to see a lot of you guys there!

I am flying in thursday night, and staying at the Ramada limited.
    I went with 3 cases to be on the safe side because my Immortal Viking gets hungry.
    Flying out monday....if anyone is coming in and out of ohare and wants to split a ride let know.

Are any of you bringing radios this year? If so, what kind? I have a couple Motorola Talkabouts that I keep bringing and then not using because everyone seems to use Midlands.