Thread: Anyone Seen Windows 8 ? Is This For Real Or A Bad Joke ?

Thumbs down Anyone Seen Windows 8 ? Is This For Real Or A Bad Joke ?

What kind of nonsense is Microsoft trying to pawn off on us as an OS now ?

Every time I log onto Hotmail there's this ad to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99.

So finally after seeing it there all month I finally clicked on it.

I haven't even messed with the OS but just looking at the pics of it made me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...n|o00000006361

Well maybe not quite that bad but you get my drift.

I saw on the Google Play Store a netbook with Chrome as the OS/browser, or whatever.

https://play.google.com/store/device...book_acer_c710

Anyone know if this is going to be available on laptops ?

I mean a netbook is ok but not having a disc drive is not really the best setup IMHO.

So I guess I'm done with Microsoft on the next laptop I buy.

Any suggestions ?

I suspect windows 8 is going to join windows vista, ME and BOB in the deep dark pit of failed microsoft OS's. its not entirely windows 8's fault, many corporations skipe every other windows release just due to the effort it takes to test and deploy an OS.

My personal opinion is microsoft needs new focus groups... who's great idea was it to do away with the start menu? now if you want to find your programs you have to magically know to put your mouse in the upper right hand corner long enough for a menu to fly out... completely switch to the stupid start page, then pin your program to the taskbar for some semblance of a reasonable workflow.

Name:  5192012043239windows8vsaol.jpeg
Views: 197
Size:  44.2 KB

Its horrible
    This space for rent.

windows 8 was clearly designed as a tablet/phone OS instead of a PC OS.

given the trends in computing, i think it makes sense. looks a little cartoony though ...
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

I logged into a friends computer with team viewer to try and fix something the other day and they had windows 8. After that experience I am glad that I am staying with windows 7.

I really love my Windows 7, about as much as I enjoyed XP. After seeing what's been said, I think I'm going to hang on to it as long as possible.

I have windows 8 on my new computer so far its not really that bad, that said i dont use the new tile interface much and i had to download a app so i could have the classic start button on the desktop. It hasnt been that hard to get used to coming from my last computer that had XP on it

Hopefully we will see some new OS's coming shortly.

The Google Chrome OS.

And Firefox is working on one too.

Windows 8

It's SUCKS!
    My wife bought me a laptop for valentines and gave it to me yesterday I was very surprised she saw the look on my face and was happy then I turned it on she saw my face and she said what's wrong I said can you take it back? Now she is sleeping on the couch and I'm here in our room watching the news typing thus up on my iPhone I hate windows 8 what a joke

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    It's SUCKS!
    My wife bought me a laptop for valentines and gave it to me yesterday I was very surprised she saw the look on my face and was happy then I turned it on she saw my face and she said what's wrong I said can you take it back? Now she is sleeping on the couch and I'm here in our room watching the news typing thus up on my iPhone I hate windows 8 what a joke
    Dude

really ?

seriously ?

Ending your marriage and hurting your significant others feelings over Windows 8 is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Ending your marriage and hurting your significant others feelings over Windows 8 is just silly.
    no dude... its THAT bad

While i DO NOT understand the reasoning behind removing the start menu (or not giving the option to turn it back on) windows 8 really isn't that bad. Just pin the stuff you want to use to the taskbar or drop a shortcut on the desktop and its really not all that much different from windows 7. I still think its doomed to fail, but not because its a crappy OS, just a crappy user interface. shockingly what works well on a phone doesn't translate to a computer... who knew?

just google windows 8 start button apps .... download and viola you now have a start button

Windows 8 did not end my marriage but that laptop did go back to best buy and my wife now has a new digital video camera that she's been wanting

I signed up for the Beta a while back..... hated it....bought a mac and never looked back. #hipster

Funny.... I just got a new laptop with win8 and I was literally thinking the same thing. I hate this version. I will be reinstalling win7 ASAP.

I dual-boot between XP and Ubuntu 12. Windows 8 is pathetic. My buddy had it. He switched back to 7 real quick. Vista, and all of it's problems, was a million times more user friendly.