Thread: reg piston problem

reg piston problem

OK i have an x-vavle i was leaking out the side of the gun which according to research is the reg piston. when i took it out one of the oring seemed to be bad. but i don't have a replacement in pile of stuff lying around, also can't find them at my local hardware store. Does anyone know what size, material they are and where to find them fairly cheap?? thanks

That's your reg pin assy orings that are leaking. Get with Tuna. If those are going then chances are more will need replacing. Just buy a X-valve rebuild kit. It'll have everything you need to rebuild the valve twice.
    Last edited by Ando; 01-21-2013 at 09:24 AM.

found this

RT Classic (1 rebuild)
    3 Field Strip Banjo O-rings 009
    3 Barrel O-rings 018
    2 Power Tube O-rings 010
    1 Reg. Piston O-ring 012
    2 Reg. Seat O-rings 008
    1 Reg. Body O-ring 018
    2 RT On/Off Small O-rings 004
    4 RT Reg. Valve Pin O-rings 006

X-valve Automag Rebuild - all 90-durometer rated
    2x Power Tube (on/off bottom) O-rings - 010
    1x Reg. Piston O-ring - 012
    3x Reg. Seat O-rings - 008
    1x Reg. Body O-ring - 017
    2x RT On/Off Small O-rings - 004
    4x Reg. Valve Pin O-rings - 006
    5x L10 Carrier o-ring - 008

RT Classic Automag Rebuild - all Buna-90
    3x Field Strip Banjo O-rings - 009
    3x Barrel O-rings - 018
    2x Power Tube O-rings - 010
    1x Reg. Piston O-ring - 012
    2x Reg. Seat O-rings - 008
    1x Reg. Body O-ring - 018
    2x RT On/Off Small O-rings - 004
    4x RT Reg. Valve Pin O-rings - 006

most are about the same as the x valve.
    Last edited by RoMan; 01-21-2013 at 03:35 AM.

https://www.oringwarehouse.com

got a 4x rebuild kit for $2.00 not including shipping though.

I was gonna suggest the same thing earlier about the rebuild kit. I aired mine up after almost a decade and had a couple leaks, bought a full rebuild kit for $16 and its practically brand new. Ill be ordering another kit soon for when I pull it out of the closet in another 7 years. Just for safe measure ill probably add some oil to the extra rebuild kit box to keep everything "fresh"...... I don't know if it will work? But it will make me feel better inside, haha

If Buna orings were any good, don't you think Tom would have used them to save money? They suck!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

ya your right after more research, everyone was suggesting urethane which are a little more expensive. Its probably better to go with quality then price. I did make a mistake, its not the reg piston, its actually the reg valve pin assembly, it says just to replace em, but is there a cheaper fix? sorry for the mix up, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoMan View Post
    ya your right after more research, everyone was suggesting urethane which are a little more expensive. Its probably better to go with quality then price. I did make a mistake, its not the reg piston, its actually the reg valve pin assembly, it says just to replace em, but is there a cheaper fix? sorry for the mix up, thanks
    just get a rebuild kit from Tuna...rebuild your valve and go shoot people in tha face!!!

Cheaper =/= better when dealing with pneumatics and 600+psi. Suck it up, spend the $25 and buy the proper rebuild kit. It astounds me when people will spend $60 on a case of paint that they go through in 5 hours, but wont invest $25 in a rebuild kit that will probably last them 5-6 years.

not what i thought

ya i had an old am/mm rebuild kit so i do have most of the o-rings, it actually turned out not to be either the piston or pin. the front part of the valve came loose (the power tube, not tip, detached from the front valve body) and that's where the leak was, tricked me because i'm used to that joint being welded. ya i think i will hit up tuna and just get a kit anyway, most of the o-rings look dry rotted. well thanks all, and hope i manage to help someone else.