Thread: how would you describe the differece between a RPG chimera and a m90 frame

how would you describe the differece between a RPG chimera and a m90 frame

as the title states

I like both i cant decide otherwise I might be picking up a Y grip off another AO user

The differances between a Chimera & M90 are fairly simple.

Both are AGD spec frames were it matters.

M90
    -Can be a mech or pnuematic frame easily.
    -Has all the mounting holes & channels to run it as a pnuemag frame. Its as easy as bolting the pnue parts into it. Especially if you contact tuna for the hardware kit. Even has holes for mounting a small switch if you wanted to play around some with a e-pnue setup.
    -Bottom of the frame is threaded for sleeper mod (mounting the lpr inside the frame.) Still need to get a modded CP asa.
    -Has a cutout above the trigger to add emag type magnets to help with trigger return.

Chimera
    -Is a pure mech frame. Think a intelliframe with a 90* grip.

In my opinion the m90 looks better but that is preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
    as the title states

I like both i cant decide otherwise I might be picking up a Y grip off another AO user
    i have used both...they feel the same, but i like the fact that the m90 frame is already drilled and tapped for pneumag parts! if they were both for sale for the same price i would get the m90! but they are both very nice frames!!!

alright I think im going to go with the m90 frame than the only issue is its raw right now, so I will have to go get annoed for sure and polished im guessing?

so a viperblade would work with the m90 correct?

thanks for your input

Yup! Had one in mine for a short period of time.

cool THANKS GUYS!

alright I think im going to go with the m90 frame than the only issue is its raw right now, so I will have to go get annoed for sure and polished im guessing?

thanks for your input
    Should work as a mech but beware according to Tuna the trigger stop on the viperblades are in the wrong place. I believe they line up with the hole for the pnue rod on the m90.
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ht=EMANCIPATOR

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Should work as a mech but beware according to Tuna the trigger stop on the viperblades are in the wrong place. I believe they line up with the hole for the pnue rod on the m90.
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ht=EMANCIPATOR
    ^^^ Truth. My mentioning this fact to Rogue and asking if it was possible to get one without the trigger stops milled or one with the trigger stops milled lower resulted in getting a lecture on how AGD does not advocate trigger stops and also got me banned from PB Legion. Not that I really give a crap. Luke offers some nice triggers as does Acid Customs and both are considerably more pleasant to deal with.

An in my opinion, the M90 is a far superior frame than the Chimera for it's veratility.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    ^^^ Truth. My mentioning this fact to Rogue and asking if it was possible to get one without the trigger stops milled or one with the trigger stops milled lower resulted in getting a lecture on how AGD does not advocate trigger stops and also got me banned from PB Legion. Not that I really give a crap. Luke offers some nice triggers as does Acid Customs and both are considerably more pleasant to deal with.

An in my opinion, the M90 is a far superior frame than the Chimera for it's veratility.
    Those acid customs are NICE, I'm a carbon fiber junkie for everything from my motorcycle to my cars and real guns. I wrote to them on facebook i hope they have some still

John from Acid has posted before in the dealers thread. Search Acid Customs and you should be able to find his thread.

Luke's triggers are very nice...i have the Anker and like it a lot!!! thanks Luke!!!!

I wrote to them on facebook i hope they have some still
    I think John actually makes them to order. He's really great to work with. He did a custom trigger for me and I got it a lot faster than I thought I would, considering it came from Australia.