Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: how would you describe the differece between a RPG chimera and a m90 frame

  1. #1

    how would you describe the differece between a RPG chimera and a m90 frame

    as the title states

    I like both i cant decide otherwise I might be picking up a Y grip off another AO user

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    The differances between a Chimera & M90 are fairly simple.

    Both are AGD spec frames were it matters.

    M90
    -Can be a mech or pnuematic frame easily.
    -Has all the mounting holes & channels to run it as a pnuemag frame. Its as easy as bolting the pnue parts into it. Especially if you contact tuna for the hardware kit. Even has holes for mounting a small switch if you wanted to play around some with a e-pnue setup.
    -Bottom of the frame is threaded for sleeper mod (mounting the lpr inside the frame.) Still need to get a modded CP asa.
    -Has a cutout above the trigger to add emag type magnets to help with trigger return.

    Chimera
    -Is a pure mech frame. Think a intelliframe with a 90* grip.

    In my opinion the m90 looks better but that is preference.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
    as the title states

    I like both i cant decide otherwise I might be picking up a Y grip off another AO user
    i have used both...they feel the same, but i like the fact that the m90 frame is already drilled and tapped for pneumag parts! if they were both for sale for the same price i would get the m90! but they are both very nice frames!!!

  4. #4
    alright I think im going to go with the m90 frame than the only issue is its raw right now, so I will have to go get annoed for sure and polished im guessing?

    so a viperblade would work with the m90 correct?

    thanks for your input

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Minnesotaaaah
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
    so a viperblade would work with the m90 correct?
    Yup! Had one in mine for a short period of time.

  6. #6
    cool THANKS GUYS!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Live Free or Die
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
    alright I think im going to go with the m90 frame than the only issue is its raw right now, so I will have to go get annoed for sure and polished im guessing?

    so a viperblade would work with the m90 correct?

    thanks for your input
    Should work as a mech but beware according to Tuna the trigger stop on the viperblades are in the wrong place. I believe they line up with the hole for the pnue rod on the m90.
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ht=EMANCIPATOR

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,844
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Should work as a mech but beware according to Tuna the trigger stop on the viperblades are in the wrong place. I believe they line up with the hole for the pnue rod on the m90.
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ht=EMANCIPATOR
    ^^^ Truth. My mentioning this fact to Rogue and asking if it was possible to get one without the trigger stops milled or one with the trigger stops milled lower resulted in getting a lecture on how AGD does not advocate trigger stops and also got me banned from PB Legion. Not that I really give a crap. Luke offers some nice triggers as does Acid Customs and both are considerably more pleasant to deal with.

    An in my opinion, the M90 is a far superior frame than the Chimera for it's veratility.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    ^^^ Truth. My mentioning this fact to Rogue and asking if it was possible to get one without the trigger stops milled or one with the trigger stops milled lower resulted in getting a lecture on how AGD does not advocate trigger stops and also got me banned from PB Legion. Not that I really give a crap. Luke offers some nice triggers as does Acid Customs and both are considerably more pleasant to deal with.

    An in my opinion, the M90 is a far superior frame than the Chimera for it's veratility.
    Those acid customs are NICE, I'm a carbon fiber junkie for everything from my motorcycle to my cars and real guns. I wrote to them on facebook i hope they have some still

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,844
    John from Acid has posted before in the dealers thread. Search Acid Customs and you should be able to find his thread.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,434
    Luke's triggers are very nice...i have the Anker and like it a lot!!! thanks Luke!!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    McHenry, IL
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Brak54 View Post
    I wrote to them on facebook i hope they have some still
    I think John actually makes them to order. He's really great to work with. He did a custom trigger for me and I got it a lot faster than I thought I would, considering it came from Australia.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •