Thread: Here ya go people

Here ya go people

Here's the $10 Automag I found at a flea market. Everything seems to be functional
    , I'll strip down tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Not bad for $10. Frame looks like it could possibly be a Proline which fires on both the pull and release. Shame someone cut the trigger guard though.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Not bad for $10. Frame looks like it could possibly be a Proline which fires on both the pull and release. Shame someone cut the trigger guard though.
    I saw that too, take off the grip panels and take another picture for us

hell of a deal if its a AR frame

its a hell of a deal just for all the screws that hold it together let alone the frame

Aaah, so some clues...thanks

Ok, so forgive my paintball ignorance but the frame is still an AGD designed frame, correct? I can machine a replacement trigger gaurd, atleast the area that's cut, that is. I just don't know the integral shape of that part of the gaurd that's been cut. Cap screws would be required to hold the possible machined piece.

will do...

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I saw that too, take off the grip panels and take another picture for us
    I'll be doing a tear down tonight with plenty of pics of every part of the gun.

AR frame?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    hell of a deal if its a AR frame
    Again, forgive my paintball ignorance, but what do you mean AR frame?

AR=Auto-Response

itll fire on the pull and release... they stopped making the frame in 1994 if I remember right. Rare

whats your location, Mag users are notoriously friendsly and helpful with things like this

yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    its a hell of a deal just for all the screws that hold it together let alone the frame
    ...I totally agree.

speaking of which, I'll be changing out all of the screws on this gun to stainless steel cap screws...I don't see how anyone would use anything other than stainless screws on these guns, when considering the punishment these guns go through in the elements, not to mention the game itself.

Questions seem to be pretty well answered above. Pics of the inside of the frame will tell if its an Autoresponse or not. They are fairly rare, but not going to fetch a lot more than a standard frame due to the cut guard. It also could just be an early Benchy frame, in which case the value is going to be really low and probably not even worth the time to try and replair unless you are really bored.

what I know so far...

...again, as a machinist, I find this gun awesome. The way everything was designed, it's ingenious, built in reg, and a large air resevoir (for the design size). I admire the way all of the components fit within it's 1.00" housing just right to deliver velocity no matter the pressure into it. hell I've built AR lower receivers and I'm thinking of making an adapter for the rail of this autmag to fit one of my lowers, essentially making it interchangable between these two lowers, but that's probably a little down the road. I don't necessarily like the homemade butt extension, seems to low for my frame, I'm thinking maybe underneath the reg., extending out behind from the reg, too. We'll see.

Stocks for painball markers are different from real steel. With real guns, you cheak the stock and use the sites. This is impossible to do with a paintball marker since you have a mask on. Having the marker higher and siting from behind the marker using the barrel is more common. I would say that most people dont even really used stock, but just use a bottom line and use the tank as a "stock".

Have fun with it.

awesome find for $10, yeah it could say proline and it be a regular non AR frame. I have both and yeah the non AR frame of mine is also cut.

Stocks for painball markers are different from real steel. With real guns, you cheak the stock and use the sites. This is impossible to do with a paintball marker since you have a mask on. Having the marker higher and siting from behind the marker using the barrel is more common. I would say that most people dont even really used stock, but just use a bottom line and use the tank as a "stock".

Have fun with it.
    oh no, my AR-15 lower recievers are made of aluminum and can be modified to fit any most paintball guns, it'd be aesthetically pleasing or put it another way...it's be damn cool. and it would still handle like any other paintball gun, no "cheeking". more or less like a decked out Tippman. I was thinking of using the tank as a stock, and with pony bottles I can probably make the stock adjustable, all in due time. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    awesome find for $10, yeah it could say proline and it be a regular non AR frame. I have both and yeah the non AR frame of mine is also cut.
    Must've been an "in" thing with paintballing at one time.

Questions seem to be pretty well answered above. Pics of the inside of the frame will tell if its an Autoresponse or not. They are fairly rare, but not going to fetch a lot more than a standard frame due to the cut guard. It also could just be an early Benchy frame, in which case the value is going to be really low and probably not even worth the time to try and replair unless you are really bored.
    OOOO, more info...I appreciate all the info everyone of them helps. Ok not forgettting I'm noob, what's a Benchy? I understand values of guns of all sorts, to a certain degree, I don't know any on paintball guns, of course, but I'm not going for dollar value on this marker, I'd want to restore it as best as I can; mostly the plumbing innards, make sure it still tight and fires good, then i'll put my own touch of aesthetics (removeable but not as to do any real damages or changes to this gun). i'm also thinking a few homemade interchangable parts, like my own set of frames more or less my take on what paintball guns should look to me, personally...but again, that's more or less for future projects that'd i'd share on here

didn't take pics of my $10 automag...

...last night because we got hit with a wintery mix and i spent the time shoveling salting and spreading sand (you mean winter isn't over, geez...it's getting to be old news now). and we're getting more today, so I'll leave the strip down for this weekend (no snow) this way I have all the time in the world to take pics of each piece removed and plans I may do to this gun.

where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Must've been an "in" thing with paintballing at one time.
    The trigger guards were cut to allow a double triger to be installed

Trigger pull on stock on/off is pretty heavy, so double helped with rapid fire and R/T mode when that came along

MOTY3
    With the angle of the trigger and how far forward it is I'm betting on it's an AR.

On the talk about the stocks. OPBN is correct. in order for you to properly use a stock it will (obviously) have to fit well and not point a jab at you body. You would have to angle it downwards just slightly. If you angle it just right the stock will be very comfy and you can actually use it. I could see this going well with a CO2 tank with a butt stock attached to it. Only problem for you is how you would be getting something custom since you cant buy a part for this precise angle to be achieved and you will have to work on an air delivery system although that should not be to hard. If you end up doing a stock make sure when testing the angles you wear a very common mask as slightly over shooting the angle is better than the other way around. And on the grip piece I have personally think its an early benchy.

BTW: I totally forget if we have a complete paintball newb guide for mag' owners. I know we have guides left and right about the basic designs, troubleshooting and the system itself but you will have to learn all of the other companies and manufacturers that have taken part in making aftermarket mag' parts and specific designs. Benchy for example is just short for saying "Benchmark" and that was a common manufacturer for aftermarket products (grip frames in particular) for the Automag. You can just go through the AGD museum to learn more about the AGD products but the rest you will have to read about and pick up on as your time spent on AO increases. It is not really that hard though and everyone if friendlier to the newbies on AO than PBN so don't go their. There is always a flame war ready to be started there. Best of luck on your first mag and I am glad to see a new member to the family! (actually were a cult)