Thread: My classic mag leaking like a mother out the barrel...

bluffton, south carolina (near hilton head for all you ohio-ans lol)

My classic mag leaking like a mother out the barrel...

in the title someone help me. please.

alrighty well...

Ok now I got all the leaks to stop but when i pull the trigger even though the sear feels pressurized the it won't trip the bolt... and the velocity is almost as high as it can go.

Gonna need some more information. Level 10 bolt or Level 7? What did you do to stop it from leaking down the barrel?

What you're describing is tuning problems with a Level 10 bolt, and resultant bolt-stick. But without knowing the facts first, I can't diagnose.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Gonna need some more information. Level 10 bolt or Level 7? What did you do to stop it from leaking down the barrel?

What you're describing is tuning problems with a Level 10 bolt, and resultant bolt-stick. But without knowing the facts first, I can't diagnose.

Thank you sire.

Yes its a level X I only have about 1300 psi left though. I dont know how to read the shims. I added the part number 116 which was missing in the valve and how i stopped the leaking was i unscrewed the regulator nut out about 70% had, 3 shims and a bolt carrier i have no idea how to tell the difference in the markings.

Shims are marked with dots and rings. Rings are full sizes, dots are half. So if you have a carrier with two rings and dot it is a 2.5. One ring no dots would be a 1.

been reading up, ive been trying to figure out automags for about 3 months now bout sick of it. im not tony stark but im certainly not helen keller when it comes to paintball guns. lol i will respond more about this when i get more time to screw with it. thanks all

its worth making the trip to paintball charleston and having geoff take a look at it. he can have your mag tuned and ready to go pretty quick. if not see if you can mail it to him. they are more than willing to help mag owners out and the only store left in sc that i know of that carries mag parts/ mags. tell him you were struggling with the tuning and bring all your spares.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    its worth making the trip to paintball charleston and having geoff take a look at it. he can have your mag tuned and ready to go pretty quick. if not see if you can mail it to him. they are more than willing to help mag owners out and the only store left in sc that i know of that carries mag parts/ mags. tell him you were struggling with the tuning and bring all your spares.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably do that next weekend. I just need to watch someone work on it then i will know what i am doing haha.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklegionfreak View Post
    been reading up, ive been trying to figure out automags for about 3 months now bout sick of it. im not tony stark but im certainly not helen keller when it comes to paintball guns. lol i will respond more about this when i get more time to screw with it. thanks all
    I wasn't meaning to chastise you. That link I posted has a lot of good information in it, including how to read the carrier sizes. I have it bookmarked on my computer. Just sharing a resource is all.

The info is good to review. I wouldn't install the shims though.

You need to increase the velocity setting until the gun fires. Then check the velocity to see if it is in the correct range. You adjust the range using the different length bolt springs. If the valve starts venting out the back before you reach a velocity that works for you, then you need a newer high pressure regulator spring pack to replace the old low pressure ones.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I wasn't meaning to chastise you. That link I posted has a lot of good information in it, including how to read the carrier sizes. I have it bookmarked on my computer. Just sharing a resource is all.
    thanks! and i didnt mean to come across as snappy. just a bit frustrated. And i will be checking that out when i get the chance to really pay attention to it. thanks again man

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    The info is good to review. I wouldn't install the shims though.

You need to increase the velocity setting until the gun fires. Then check the velocity to see if it is in the correct range. You adjust the range using the different length bolt springs. If the valve starts venting out the back before you reach a velocity that works for you, then you need a newer high pressure regulator spring pack to replace the old low pressure ones.
    thanks thats really helpful! your last sentence was most likely whats going on