Thread: My classic mag leaking like a mother out the barrel...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bluffton, south carolina (near hilton head for all you ohio-ans lol)

My classic mag leaking like a mother out the barrel...

in the title someone help me. please.

alrighty well...

Ok now I got all the leaks to stop but when i pull the trigger even though the sear feels pressurized the it won't trip the bolt... and the velocity is almost as high as it can go.

Gonna need some more information. Level 10 bolt or Level 7? What did you do to stop it from leaking down the barrel?

What you're describing is tuning problems with a Level 10 bolt, and resultant bolt-stick. But without knowing the facts first, I can't diagnose.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Gonna need some more information. Level 10 bolt or Level 7? What did you do to stop it from leaking down the barrel?

What you're describing is tuning problems with a Level 10 bolt, and resultant bolt-stick. But without knowing the facts first, I can't diagnose.

Thank you sire.

Yes its a level X I only have about 1300 psi left though. I dont know how to read the shims. I added the part number 116 which was missing in the valve and how i stopped the leaking was i unscrewed the regulator nut out about 70% had, 3 shims and a bolt carrier i have no idea how to tell the difference in the markings.

Shims are marked with dots and rings. Rings are full sizes, dots are half. So if you have a carrier with two rings and dot it is a 2.5. One ring no dots would be a 1.