Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Dallara & MMM Build Thread

  1. #1

    Dallara & MMM Build Thread

    Here are two mags that I have been working for a while. I started the Dallara in 2005 and the MMM started to develop out of parts that I figured the Dallara didnt need.
    I will periodically edit the first couple posts as they come together, so make sure to come back and look again.Sorry if you have a slow connection I plan on adding a lot of photos! More details to follow.....


    Dallara-30 (Body #30)



    Mini M90 Mag (MMM)



    Last edited by Mole1119; 03-19-2013 at 09:59 PM.

  2. #2
    Minimag parts after anno, going for a deep purple

    <a href="http://s401.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/d4d9f8b4-ef6d-4ceb-ab8d-e0b6cbe09b3c_zps30ea5335.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/d4d9f8b4-ef6d-4ceb-ab8d-e0b6cbe09b3c_zps30ea5335.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo d4d9f8b4-ef6d-4ceb-ab8d-e0b6cbe09b3c_zps30ea5335.jpg"/></a>

    Gloss black AM/MM rail!!! This is going to look good
    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/76b5f3fb-05b5-4933-9b99-77a25e1b67bd_zps8843f474.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/76b5f3fb-05b5-4933-9b99-77a25e1b67bd_zps8843f474.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo 76b5f3fb-05b5-4933-9b99-77a25e1b67bd_zps8843f474.jpg"/></a>

    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1674_zpsdfd17d7f.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1674_zpsdfd17d7f.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1674_zpsdfd17d7f.jpg"/></a>
    Last edited by Mole1119; 11-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.

  3. #3
    I will have lots to post on the Dallara as it gets built.
    The Logic Vert Frame will be a custom electro build using a mini morlock. The triton frame is going to be mechanical backup.

    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1676_zps17a88142.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1676_zps17a88142.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1676_zps17a88142.jpg"/></a>

    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1681_zpsf6680cf5.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1681_zpsf6680cf5.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1681_zpsf6680cf5.jpg"/></a>

    First I have to give credit to Joni, his build years ago provided the inspiration to build this frame.
    http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...vert-grip-emag
    (Note to mods: if in the new AO version there is any chance to restore some of the photos in these kinds of threads that would be amazing)

    Here are some of the internals: The silver bracket was my first solenoid bracket I built using a drill press in college. It worked to verify functionality; I actually played a full day and the gun functioned flawlessly. It was only mounted to the frame with one bolt and kind of wedged itself in place. After that day of play it worked it self loose and no longer functioned. The blue bracket is my second take and was built to my specs.

    Board: mini-morlock with pred 5.0 code.

    During my first trial I used a slide switch to power the board on and off and had it sticking out the bottom of the grips.
    I was originally going to mill a spot on the back of the frame for the switch but when I saw membrane pad I thought that looked much cleaner so I picked one up. For several years the final step was getting the back of the frame milled so the membrane pad would sit flush. Finally last year I had it milled and began to put it back together for testing.
    (Can anyone guess what my bone headed move was?)

    If anyone can help identify the connection on the solenoid and knows the correct male connector to plug into it, I would greatly appreciate some help so the final wiring will be more polished. I think this is solved, parts in the mail

    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1693_zps5d49f6c3.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1693_zps5d49f6c3.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1693_zps5d49f6c3.jpg"/></a>

    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/solenoidbracket_zps334e7d8e.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/solenoidbracket_zps334e7d8e.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo solenoidbracket_zps334e7d8e.jpg"/></a>

    <a href="http://s401.beta.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1688_zpsd8780f3a.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1688_zpsd8780f3a.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1688_zpsd8780f3a.jpg"/></a>

    Started assembling the frame tonight (3/19):
    Trigger and Safety are in.
    Micro switch and solenoid are is in, the solenoid may need to be adjusted a bit.
    Hooked up the circuit minus the on/off switch. So far so good!
    Now I need to remember how I solved the on/off switch issue.

    <a href="http://s401.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1699_zps496c4deb.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1699_zps496c4deb.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1699_zps496c4deb.jpg"/></a>

    <a href="http://s401.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/DSCN1707_zpsdcc12202.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/DSCN1707_zpsdcc12202.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo DSCN1707_zpsdcc12202.jpg"/></a>
    Last edited by Mole1119; 03-19-2013 at 09:54 PM.

  4. #4
    Saved....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,257
    I love build threads like this!! Can't wait to see the after pictures.

  6. #6
    Well I just got word my parts are finished and are in the mail! More photos will be coming shortly.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central coast cali 805
    Posts
    899
    anxious to see that dallara...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central coast cali 805
    Posts
    899
    nice, diggin' that purple

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    185
    I can't wait to see what happens with the dallara.

  10. #10
    Added a few more photos, next steps tune in the m90 and rebuild the logic e-frame

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    778
    Very nice, inspirational. Who did the anno on those parts?
    Last edited by Carnage reigns; 03-04-2013 at 12:36 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    Who did the anno on those parts?
    Curious as well, thinking I may be over the polished thing... or for my second mag in the works

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    Curious as well, thinking I may be over the polished thing... or for my second mag in the works
    Anno-tech did the anodizing. Both are gloss finish, my pictures don't really do the finish justice.
    I am very happy with the purple, the blue is a little darker than the photos show, I was really going for a bright vibrant blue.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central coast cali 805
    Posts
    899
    some of the nicest mags ive seen in a while, its amazing how much cleaner a stock rail looks with a little ano, they both look great

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    some of the nicest mags ive seen in a while, its amazing how much cleaner a stock rail looks with a little ano, they both look great
    Thanks! Ya I was starting to think about getting the am/mm rail milled to give it a even more unique look, but keeping it stock just felt right with the minimag body. I am very happy with how it turned out.
    Last edited by Mole1119; 03-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,447
    That ULE Minimag body... what is that and where are they sold?!?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    That ULE Minimag body... what is that and where are they sold?!?
    aluminum minimag bodies made by XMT(xmagterror)
    dual angel detents, angel thread feednecks, cocker threads
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    That ULE Minimag body... what is that and where are they sold?!?
    maybe ask knownothingmags for one of his...i think he snagged 3 or 4 of them...not sure if he is gonna use em...but it dont hurt to ask?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    maybe ask knownothingmags for one of his...i think he snagged 3 or 4 of them...not sure if he is gonna use em...but it dont hurt to ask?






  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    778
    I was on the pre-order list to get one of these and I didn't have the money at the time. Now I really want to get one. SMH, darn responsibility.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    3,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    I was on the pre-order list to get one of these and I didn't have the money at the time. Now I really want to get one. SMH, darn responsibility.
    Visa/Master/Amex... problem solved.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    Visa/Master/Amex... problem solved.
    you got one made for you? they are nice. i like mine

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by Pneumagger View Post
    Visa/Master/Amex... problem solved.
    Not a fan of those.

  24. #24
    lol to the credit card usage for paintball parts

    I TRY to only use cash I have on hand for hobbies... save the cards for real problems, like diapers and gas $

    Although I am guilty of using it for my last purchase, ULE body and emag rail...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,428
    any progress with the tuning or figuring out the right connection for your noid?

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    any progress with the tuning or figuring out the right connection for your noid?
    Just got back the M90mini from BigEvil who tuned it. I have not had a chance to air it up and put some paint through it, hopefully I will get a chance this weekend!
    No advice yet on a the solenoid connection, I can get it working with out it but I just want it to look as professional as possible, maybe if I get some time I will start assembling the vert frame this weekend too.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    Just got back the M90mini from BigEvil who tuned it. I have not had a chance to air it up and put some paint through it, hopefully I will get a chance this weekend!
    No advice yet on a the solenoid connection, I can get it working with out it but I just want it to look as professional as possible, maybe if I get some time I will start assembling the vert frame this weekend too.
    can you take the noid to radio shack to find out, or have you already tried that?

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,428
    is this by chance the noid connection you need:
    http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...=zhr-2&x=0&y=0

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    is this by chance the noid connection you need:
    http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSea...=zhr-2&x=0&y=0
    I don't think so, mainly because I need a male connection. It looks like the manufacturer is Hirose (HRS). I did a quick measurement with my calibers and the approximate spacing is 1.7mm, center to center of the pins

    I did a little more searching on Digi-Key and I think I nailed down the parts:
    H4035-ND http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...words=H4035-ND
    H2083-ND http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...2083-ND/141479
    Plus pins.

    <a href="http://s401.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/f3cd148d-7cb3-475a-bf19-51362e240661_zps59038aad.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/f3cd148d-7cb3-475a-bf19-51362e240661_zps59038aad.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo f3cd148d-7cb3-475a-bf19-51362e240661_zps59038aad.jpg"/></a>

    (Also Added a Couple More Build Photos)
    Last edited by Mole1119; 03-19-2013 at 09:57 PM.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    I don't think so, mainly because I need a male connection. It looks like the manufacturer is Hirose (HRS). I did a quick measurement with my calibers and the approximate spacing is 1.7mm, center to center of the pins

    I did a little more searching on Digi-Key and I think I nailed down the parts:
    H4035-ND http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...words=H4035-ND
    H2083-ND http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...2083-ND/141479
    Plus pins.

    <a href="http://s401.photobucket.com/user/mole1119/media/f3cd148d-7cb3-475a-bf19-51362e240661_zps59038aad.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/mole1119/f3cd148d-7cb3-475a-bf19-51362e240661_zps59038aad.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo f3cd148d-7cb3-475a-bf19-51362e240661_zps59038aad.jpg"/></a>

    (Also Added a Couple More Build Photos)

    nice! wasnt really sure which part ya needed but they looked similar to the egomag noid connecters? glad you found the correct part/s tho!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •