Thread: Flatline & Nitroduck Hydrotesting in the Great White North

Flatline & Nitroduck Hydrotesting in the Great White North

Hey all,

Been a long time since I've been on here. Glad to see its still here! I'm thinking of getting back into the sport, so the first step will be getting my tanks hydro'd again. Now the last time I was active, the only place that knew how to take apart Flatlines and Nitroducks was this place,

http://www.hydrotester.com/

But since I'm in Toronto, getting the tanks out to them would be pretty expensive.

Is there someone in Canada that can hydro test these kinds of tanks?

Any place that does air breathing tanks for the fire stations can do them. There are usually several in each city.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

agreed on the fire stations...

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I understand I can take them anywhere that does scuba or fire station tanks. But from what I understand Flatline regs and possibly Nitroduck regs, because they are adjustable tanks, its not very easy to get the regs off. So they need to be sent to a hydrotester that knows how to take them apart and apparently the site I linked does, but they're in Washington State.

So am I wrong in thinking I need to find someone who knows Flatline and Nitroduck regs specifically?

My local paintball field sends them to the same web place you listed in your original post.
    I have had mixed results at first and then after a few "hey um,.... you didnt mount the regulator so I know you didnt test it" comments,.. they have been on a streak of good fortune with all my tanks.

Id say you can have anyone do it,... but I would look at your "E" date FIRST and decide if you can legally have your tank tested.

Go here and look at the date codes: If your tank does not expire,... you are okay.

http://www.hydrotester.com/Testdateindex.htm

Most tanks now have a "shelf life".

Meaning they expire after,.. say,... 20 years. And they can be re-tested so many times at certain intervals. All based on the "E" Date" on your tank.

Keep in mind,.. as of a few years ago,.. not many fields were honoring "5 year tanks". Some were so stuck in the "all tanks are good for no more than 3 year hydro" regardless of what the date was good for,... they got into some issues with their own equipment not being re-tested in the same intervals as they demanded their customers to have done. As far as I know,.. this has all changed.

In my opinion,... testing a tank 1 year before the expiration date of that interval year is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Def Jeff View Post
    So am I wrong in thinking I need to find someone who knows Flatline and Nitroduck regs specifically?
    If you're concerned about having someone work on it who is not familiar with Flatline regs, I'd send it off to Ninja. I can't remember his name, but a former AGD tech works there.

Awesome guys. Thank you for all the information!

you can mail it to ninja which I would prefer over fire stations as Ive seen fire stations %&$# up regs

There is nothing to taking regs off. They all thread into the bottle neck. All regs are the same with that respect. Once the air is removed from the bottle, there should be very little resistance needed to rotate the regulator and unscrew it.

see, im not arguing how hard they are to remove... I'm just saying that I've seen them screwed up. if you scratch a fire extinguisher, no one cares