Thread: best paint prices?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

best paint prices?

Hi all. Former member that's been out of the sport for 11 years. Friend is dragging me back in to organized private field play. I'm gonna use my old trusty original automagRT. With a 4500 flatline tank that I just bought off a member. With an old VL revolution. Gun and hopper worked fine back then. So I will be fine with it now.

2 questions.

1. Where is the best place to order paint? And what brand/style paint works best now a days with these old guns.

2. My old JT spectra mask will get a new lense before I will trust it. Lense is 15 years old at least. I found lenses for 20 bux. But how long has it been sense the lenses were even produced. I don't want to trust my eyes to a 10 year old "new" lense. Or maybe I need to suck it up and get a newer mask.

Thanks for any and all help.

I've been using Bombz for the last year.

Thanks for the reply. Due to weather and cold with shipping. I think at least the first case of paint I buy for my return to paintball will come from Dix sporting goods. The one local appears to have decent brand paint. Even Cary the basic halo.

As far as masks are concerned. More I look. It still makes the spectra?

Wink

You probably better let the old mask go and get a new one to be safe.
    The better ones are in the $100+ dollar range. (DYE Invision 4, Empire E-Flex)
    I suggest you try some on at the sporting goods store and buy a cheap one till you know if your
    paintball habit is a passing fancy or here to stay.
    Then if its serious get on Craigslist and find a nice used really good one.

Last edited by going_home; 02-14-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Most paint works well with a mag and you hopefully have the LVL 10. Whether you do or dont, NEVER buy the valken infinity white box paint. Its cheap and pure crap. besides that pretty much any paint works, some better than others due to the temperatures of course. And if you can, try and get an extra parts kit for the old thing. Might have a few bad O-rings.

Well I only quit playing when I did because 40 bux for half a case of paint to play with a bunch of kids on dads credit that play spray and pray. It got a little old. I've got no prob shooting paint but 1000 rounds in one game that is 3 on 3. Come on.

I have been looking at masks. I'd be scared to buy used because I wouldn't know how the lense was taken care of. Don't want to trust my face to a abused mask just cuz I got a deal on it. Lot of them on line seam to be 75 to 100 bux. Not to bad. So if I buy a mask I will just get a good one to begin with.

No level 10 in my gun. If I remember correct they were in the testing phase when I quit playing. That or they had been out a short while. Don't really remember. Got a old foamie bolt and a hard nose. Worked in the past should work now. Glad to hear most of the name paint is decent now. Used to have to be picky for decent paint.

Smoking Dragon $40/case

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Well I only quit playing when I did because 40 bux for half a case of paint to play with a bunch of kids on dads credit that play spray and pray. .
    Before I came back to the sport (started 12 years ago, stopped 9 years ago, came back 3 months ago) paint was $65 per 1000... when I came back it was at $60/ case. There is a Jesus... I quit because I started MOSTLY paying for my own play time (my dad chipped in a little just to keep me busy and out of his hair). Needless to say working at 16, taking girls out became more of a priority than spending $120 a weekend on paintball... lol. And god forbid you entered a tourney, $250 3 man entry plus $160/case... I BLEW money away back in the day

I am very happy fields now days have realized they can make money in other areas than paint prices like back then... Id rather pay $10 entry/all day air and buy a case of paint @ $60 than get free entry with a $120 case purchase like back in the day.

Im sure costs of MAKING paint has drastically gone down to help this, but overall Ive been happy with my fields regular paint, consistantly at .684-.687