Thread: Emag Battery Life

Emag Battery Life

I have been talking to a guy about buying a stock Emag. He does not have a charger and has not powered on the marker in a number of years. What are the chances the battery is still good? I have no idea what the life expectancy of the batteries are. I know there are a number of factors that would have to be taken into account, I am just looking for a ball park. Not sure what I should offer him for a purchase price.

Is it fair to assume the battery is bad and offer him the price of a battery less than his asking price?

Thanks
    Last edited by El Zilcho; 02-08-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Words

The battery will be shot if it has been sitting that long. You could try to charge it overnight, but run the risk of blowing your charger. Check the voltage when you first get it...charge it for 2 hours...check it again. Should be around 20v fully charged.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

i can try and revive it for you.
    just pay shipping.
    i have recovered two of my stock batteries that were totaly dead when i got them.

but i have a nice charger.

but i also wouldnt want to waste your time if i cant recover your battery.

if you have the cash to get a new better then stock one built do it.
    or buy a new stock one from tuna, he is definently your go to.

I just hope that I can reason with the guy, I hope he understands that I am going to have to sink another $150 (charger and battery) just to get the marker up and running. Should I have concerns with the boards sitting so long, I wouldn't think so, but just figured I would ask.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    I just hope that I can reason with the guy, I hope he understands that I am going to have to sink another $150 (charger and battery) just to get the marker up and running. Should I have concerns with the boards sitting so long, I wouldn't think so, but just figured I would ask.

Thanks
    You will need to see the board at least light up at a MINIMUM before buying it. There are no more boards. You have to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i can try and revive it for you.
    just pay shipping.
    i have recovered two of my stock batteries that were totaly dead when i got them.

but i have a nice charger.

but i also wouldnt want to waste your time if i cant recover your battery.

if you have the cash to get a new better then stock one built do it.
    or buy a new stock one from tuna, he is definently your go to.
    what charger do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    what charger do you have?
    i have a charger that i can send a variable voltage if needed.
    i can charge:
    lipo
    nimh
    lead
    and more.

its for my RC stuff but i charge my emag stuff with it as well.
    the name is BANTAM e-station BC-610

i have some knowledge, since i have been doing to this for some time. but... im not stupid i do know there are people out there with more knowledge then me

With it sitting that long I would expect it to be dead. Ive learned the hard way good batteries & boards are tough to find.

My experiance with chasing batteries lead me to offer them.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-SFL-Batteries

As far as boards are concerned there arent any out there. Only thing you can do is morlock it (try finding those) or contact p8ntbal4me
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ag-X-Mag-board!!!!!!

With those two unknowns I would make sure your offer is low enough to be able to part it out and still make some.

Keep in mind a charger is around gonna cost you somehere between 60-80 depending on whats available at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    With it sitting that long I would expect it to be dead. Ive learned the hard way good batteries & boards are tough to find.

My experiance with chasing batteries lead me to offer them.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-SFL-Batteries

As far as boards are concerned there arent any out there. Only thing you can do is morlock it (try finding those) or contact p8ntbal4me
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ag-X-Mag-board!!!!!!

With those two unknowns I would make sure your offer is low enough to be able to part it out and still make some.

Keep in mind a charger is around gonna cost you somehere between 60-80 depending on whats available at the time.
    sheesh, i didnt even know you were offering batteries.
    thats great news.

hey that extra 3mm in length helps so you dont need to use an oring right?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    sheesh, i didnt even know you were offering batteries.
    thats great news.

hey that extra 3mm in length helps so you dont need to use an oring right?
    I dont even use a oring with the 650 I run in my Shockwave. So the 1000's will be tight. But everyone Will be checked to make sure they fit in a battery pack before I ship.

At this point, I have missed out on every Emag deal that has come along, I think I am going to give up and build an Egomag.