Thread: Thinking about a Q Loader system...Any opinions in favor or against & why?

Thinking about a Q Loader system...Any opinions in favor or against & why?

I am considering getting a q loader system for my warp left setup. I also thought about building another Halo Too Warpless feed. I usually only carry 1 extra pod and rarely empty a hopper in each game. Any thoughts?

hmmmm.
    i have yet to even come close to using a q-loader.
    i think it is all about preference.

the warpless loader is interesting but to make it look even better, there has to be someone out there that can make some custom warpless shells so they dont have to be so hacked looking

i know i need three of them.

i think having a Q-loader on that marker would help it be more sleek.

I've seen some really good looking warpless hoppers, I saw one someone made out of an invert too and they fed the hose through the top of the hopper rather than from the bottom and it looked really good, I'll have to see if I can find a picture, the thread might have even been on here...

Boom.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...el-a4-fly.html

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-warpfeed.html

I personally like the warp style hoppers and warp feeds better than the qloader. I've never used a qloader but I feel that hoppers in general are easier to reload, you don't have to worry about throwing pods on the ground, and they hold twice as much paint. Its all about personal preference though.

I've had a qloader. It's a REALLY fast loading system - I haven't seen any faster.

Pros: 1) Fastest loading system - you're not going to get any chops because the loader can't keep up; 2) Very sleek and slim - looks good; 3) Possibly qualifies for Magfed (lol)

Cons: 1) Reloading must be done with deliberate motions, otherwise you can chop a paintball between the pod and socket which is a MESS; 2) Takes longer to refill qpods than regular pods; 3) Sharing paint on the field is next to impossible; 4) 100 rounds at a time.

I kept trying to reload the thing too fast and chopped a paintball between the pod and socket. Once you do that, you're pretty much toast until you can break it down and clean it out. And the pod you just loaded is useless except for spray-and-pray cover fire. I was gearing up to go to D-Day last year and decided that I wanted to be a little more versatile on the field when it comes to paint, so I grabbed a warpfeed. Then another. Then another. Then grabbed your warpless Invert Too as well. I just prefer that kind of system over a qloader now.

I used Q-Loaders for many years, still do on occasion. The only real draw back is the capacity. I never found it to be an issue because I not a spray and pray type of player.

They are very light and pretty compact for what they are. One other thing to be concerned about is that the pods are slightly larger in diameter than a standard pod and will not fit in some pod packs.

I have the older Gen I pods and sometimes on hot days if the paint expands they will not always feed smoothly but I am talking humid 90 plus heat though.
    ......You know you want one!!

Ive watched my brother use a Qloader for a few years now and it has been a love/hate relationship with it. There is a pretty tricky learning curve on getting it set up, but once you do it's money.

Liking the warpless mod....Eying up one of my Halos on the wall now...

I chose a warp over a qloader and haven't regretted it one bit, one thing that annoyed me about the warp though is if you ever decide to lay on the ground while playing, it makes the gun sit way up high if you're on the ground so it's kind of hard to shoot from that position, it would also probably be a bad idea to dive with one. I think the warpless halos would work better for stuff like that.

I've never gotten to use a qloader, I haven't really looked too much into them since they first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja3454 View Post
    I chose a warp over a qloader and haven't regretted it one bit, one thing that annoyed me about the warp though is if you ever decide to lay on the ground while playing, it makes the gun sit way up high if you're on the ground so it's kind of hard to shoot from that position, it would also probably be a bad idea to dive with one. I think the warpless halos would work better for stuff like that.

I've never gotten to use a qloader, I haven't really looked too much into them since they first came out.
    And this is why pretty much every set up is based so much on personal preference. I had a warp set up on one of my Mags and HATED it. Never even got to the field with it. Partially due to the weight though to be honest. The marker it was on was/is heavey to begin with and hooked up to a 88CI tank. By the time I added the warp, hopper and paint I was probably close to 10 lbs.

Really you can get opinions, but until you actually use something its hard to make a decision.
    Last edited by OPBN; 02-13-2013 at 01:13 PM.

tha Q-loaders are great man...you just have to set it up to your marker! here are different set ups on me Mags:

with so many mixed reviews this is definitely a loader you will want to try for yourself tho!

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Really you can get opinions, but until you actually use something its hard to make a decision.
    ^^^what he said.

Yeah, when I used mine I still had fun with it. And when things went flawless on a day it was a beast loader. I made a custom bracket for my CMS to hold the socket out from the bottom of the grip and facing backwards. The loaded Qpod snugged up against the left side of my air tank.

Sometimes I miss it. I've thought about grabbing another 2-pod setup to use here and there on recball fun days.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    I've had a qloader. It's a REALLY fast loading system - I haven't seen any faster.

Pros: 1) Fastest loading system - you're not going to get any chops because the loader can't keep up; 2) Very sleek and slim - looks good; 3) Possibly qualifies for Magfed (lol)

Cons: 1) Reloading must be done with deliberate motions, otherwise you can chop a paintball between the pod and socket which is a MESS; 2) Takes longer to refill qpods than regular pods; 3) Sharing paint on the field is next to impossible; 4) 100 rounds at a time.
    This.
    I have been using Q's on a warp left set up for years now. This guy has got it down when it comes to the major drawbacks. The benefits have to be close to if not completely spot on with what you want. Also, two big heads up. If you are the only one around who will use one, just about everyone will say it sucks and hates it. A lot of people just go on ahead and purchase the Q without being fully committed to it. Although the Q is not a permanent mod you will have to get used to it and learn it inside and out. Learn how it works. When I first got into them I spent almost a weeks time in my basement with a crescent wrench, pods, paint, and the crank. I purposefully encountered every single problem there is just so I could know what to do in unexpected cases. Also if you ever become frustrated with it (which you will) don't just give up, once you work past the point of getting the setup good and you learn the system it all goes smooth and you will actually save time (and maybe even paint!).

but don't buy a Q half-hearted. And this may or may not help but try and see if you can borrow somebody elses Q for a bit and get used to it. And if not then just buy the CMS with crank and a pod. just to get used to the system.

These are some god comments. I really didn't think about sharing pods. Sounds like I need to give it a test run first.

Thanks Everyone

I have a whole Qloader setup with multiple pods and fittings, rails ect. sitting in a box I go it a trade. I'll get a picture tomorrow if you are interested.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

tunaman: im interested in the qloader setup. Pm me with pic and price.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    tha Q-loaders are great man...you just have to set it up to your marker! here are different set ups on me Mags:

with so many mixed reviews this is definitely a loader you will want to try for yourself tho!

HALF PINT QPODS?! Where and how did you get those??

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    HALF PINT QPODS?! Where and how did you get those??
    el camino made them and when he was selling a bunch of gear these were for sale w/the Q-pod loader and a bunch of other Q-loader goodies...here is his how to link:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ow-to-part-one
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...ow-to-part-two