Thread: Pneumag prep

Pneumag prep

Hey guys, so I ordered a pneu kit and I'm waiting for it. I was doing all the prep work id need to do right now.

I've marked the frame insides to be ground out (can't find my dremel) I've done the double set screw mod to the trigger and I've drilled through my frame for the trigger rod just below where the factory one goes.

What I wanted to know or kind of prep for is this. I see people using magnets or some way of returning the trigger. Does the trigger return have to be behind the lever of the msv2? Or can it be something behind the actual trigger?

I was thinking of doing a small indent in the frame behind the trigger and using a small spring for a return? Like a small section of a spring from a pen?

Any takers?

Hahaha, well... Im a natural born tinkerer, so I already modified what Ive done. Took like 2 minutes. I thought about it a second more and decided to do a two for one combo on the trigger rod. I drilled about 1/4" into the frame with the larger bit, the spring seats on the lip inside then the trigger rod fits through the spring. By keeping the spring longer, about 7/16", there is almost no resistance from it by the time hits the stop, but it resets the trigger quickly and has a good feel to it. I figure the resistance now is probably less than what the pneu kit is going to have...

But if this doesnt work or wont work let me know, its no big deal, Im just bored and needed a project while Im waiting for this stuff.

Enjoy

(Crickets)

Still curious if this will work as its set up or if the spring needs to be behind the lever on the msv2?

I can see how it would be a little better behind the msv2, since it would reset the lever, the rod, and the trigger at the same time... but if this would be sufficient then.... I don't know id just like to be as prepared as I can to get this running smoothly in say, a day. Hopefully my kit is on its way? I still haven't heard back from the seller since I paid for it, so I guess we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    (Crickets)

Still curious if this will work as its set up or if the spring needs to be behind the lever on the msv2?

I can see how it would be a little better behind the msv2, since it would reset the lever, the rod, and the trigger at the same time... but if this would be sufficient then.... I don't know id just like to be as prepared as I can to get this running smoothly in say, a day. Hopefully my kit is on its way? I still haven't heard back from the seller since I paid for it, so I guess we will see...
    its usually what works is what people do.
    i dont have time to give you a walk thru, but you are on a good track, i do a magnet mod to atract the top set screw on the trigger,thats how i return things some times, and a magnet behind the msv2 lever
    good luck with your tinckering.

Im tinkering with my own Pneu project as well, so not an expert. I think as you mentioned, the spring behind the MSV lever does dual duty and not only resets the lever, but the trigger as well. Putting the spring ahead of the lever will reset the trigger, but not the lever which probably will result in a slower reset of the lever and less walkability? I have some magnets if you decide to try and go that route let me know. I bought a ton extra when I got mine.