Thread: messin around

messin around

lpr forgrip basic,
    mount the lpr vertical
    just been messin around with my new found fun

looking good, i like the finger groove on the front. from the first picture i thought you were going horizontal under the barrel, for a pistol style.

i have some more stuff floating in my head
    i think i have come up with a more slick idea.
    ill have to find the time though.

i also dont have a mill to make any of this stuff.

do you guys like the finger grooves better?

there now the lpr can be mounted in the inside of the forgrip.

of course things can be changed,
    let me know what you want ill try to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i also dont have a mill to make any of this stuff.
    You can always team up with Luke.

Try one with grooves like you have now, but not so deep. I think that might look better.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    You can always team up with Luke.

Try one with grooves like you have now, but not so deep. I think that might look better.
    i would hit luke up, but i think he would have a better ability to make things look nicer.
    and who knows he is prolly wanting to make somthing like this already.

and im just messin around for now.

Maybe even add a door on the back so you don't have to worry about getting shot and cleaning that area out all the time.

Also, I'm guessing the hole on the bottom would be for a fitting? Why not a fitting on the back of the grip? Always thought those looked so much cleaner than having a fitting on the bottom of the Reg/Grip. Like when MacDev changed where their fitting was. Or, if someone like Luke's manifold was used, but instead of a gas-thru type set-up, you could have a fitting coming off the "back" of his manifold at the top with a 90* fitting sitting up there like CCP's new marker(J12, is it?).
    Last edited by KurtPB; 02-18-2013 at 12:11 PM.

MOTY3
    If this was made it would be nice to have the area around the lpr fully exposed for ease of tightening and have a 3 sided plate l_l that could be screwed on afterwords to enclose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    If this was made it would be nice to have the area around the lpr fully exposed for ease of tightening and have a 3 sided plate l_l that could be screwed on afterwords to enclose it.
    i could make a new grip with all the suggestions and see what you guys think?

hows that sound?

For the fitting on the bottom how about milling in a pocket, so the bottom of a macro fitting sits flush with the bottom of the grip, from the side it would look like macro just runs straight in to the grip?

You'd have to use a socket to put it together but it would look pretty sweet IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cokrkilr View Post
    For the fitting on the bottom how about milling in a pocket, so the bottom of a macro fitting sits flush with the bottom of the grip, from the side it would look like macro just runs straight in to the grip?

You'd have to use a socket to put it together but it would look pretty sweet IMO
    you mean make it so a straight macro can be recessed into the grp?
    like the rpg & cp gas thru grips?

if thats wha tyou mean, then yeah ill look into it.
    you can also use a allen key to put them in.

if you are talking about doing a recessed 90* macro, i wont do that

Yeah I was talking about a straight fitting, I think it would look pretty slick... the idea of a 90 on the back is a good one as well. I hate my A/c reg because it has the 90 on the side.and a gauge on the other... plus its a short reg so its either a 2 finger grip or your grabbing the whole assembly

ill definently see what i can do.

like this?

before i go makin it pretty i wanted to have somthing basic setup.

this way i can make |_| to go around the grip to enclose it? and screw in.
    would you want two or three screw down points on wach side?

MOTY3
    Yup that's what I was thinking with like 2 screws on each side. I would have the lpr screw down into the bottom side into the L shaped air channel. You could drill/tap straight up through the bottom for the lpr and horizontal from the bottom back side. You could choose were to put yor air fitting and block off the other one. By having the channel run horizontal on the bottom you could keep it away from the top mounting screw holes.

Yup that's what I was thinking with like 2 screws on each side. I would have the lpr screw down into the bottom side into the L shaped air channel. You could drill/tap straight up through the bottom for the lpr and horizontal from the bottom back side. You could choose were to put yor air fitting and block off the other one. By having the channel run horizontal on the bottom you could keep it away from the top mounting screw holes.
    oooh i was screwing the lpr up.
    ill make one to screw down and see what feels better. virtually, since i cant machine yet.

Not sure if it's just not anyone's preference or what but kind of thinking in line with Luke's manifold and the emag battery. Why not make a foregrip to work with the manifold like a battery pack but just make it long enough to house the LPR's and anything along with it. I'd imagine it'd be like a shorty-reg or not too much longer than a standard HPR, look pretty clean and not have a ton of empty space below the LPR...?