Thread: hud/action camera...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hud/action camera...

so me a some friends went out playing this week end and a couple guys had a couple cameras mounted on their gear(one on their mask and the other on their barrels)...something i see every once in a while so we went on with our games, we ended up talking to the guys and they invited us over to check out some of their stuff in their set up area, they hand us their mask and say 'look in the bottom right'...they had hud's mounted in their mask! something i've never seen...i guess they could set up the display to watch any of the cameras, keep game timers, communicate with each other(with out screaming across the field), and a bunch of other apps...anyways, it got me wanting a camera to record some games; im looking to get something under $200...the only ones i know of are the contour and go pro's, anyone have experiences with different cameras? which are most durable, best quality for the money...thanks

facebook.com/tacticalhudproject
    if anyone wants to check their project out

I used a GoPro this peast fall at Reaperball,.. it was Redic's.

It worked well and gave some good footage.

Only thing is:
    Its bulky and flopped around,.. you have to hit two buttons to get it to record.

The countour in my opinion is a much better value and option

I am in the process of looking for a used one with a good price.

We have a few operators at work that mount them in the cab when they work to show projects they are working on.
    The footage is top notch!

give me a bit. im a product tester for an AWESOME paintball cam

fits inside your hopper or mask. absolutly no profile

and if in your hopper takes up no ball space

dudes an electrical engineer and proud to call him a friend of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkXwi7S8_c

There's also the R7 RePlay that a lot of people have been using lately. Light and easy to mount.

http://www.r7usa.com/r7replayxd.php

so i ended up getting a contour ROAM2...put a mount on my mask and got one on my gun, good video quality and its fun going back and watching footage, now i just need to find a good video editing software...any suggestions? looking for something to be able to cut up the footage, maybe add music and be able to do slow-mo action...thanks

I use Sony Vegas Pro 9 when editing my footage, but you really don't need a high end editing software to edit helmet cam footage, windows movie maker should be all you need.