Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How to reduce Emag trigger return force?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,545

    How to reduce Emag trigger return force?

    Probably an easy fix, but the trigger on my mini Etac is a lot stronger than on my other Emag, not sure why. Would an easy fix simply be to cut some spacers using macroline and put one in the top of the frame to set the magnet higher up and lessen the pull?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,815
    Put an oring under your top magnet..


    (I'll add that to the bill) :P

    "I'm not happy unless you're not happy"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Put an oring under your top magnet..


    (I'll add that to the bill) :P
    Seemed too easy. Figured there had to be a more expensive way.....

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Seemed too easy. Figured there had to be a more expensive way.....
    More expensive? Use a quad o-ring.

    On a more serious note, do you observe that the trigger return magnet on the Etac is silver, while the magnet on the Emag is gold? That's a difference in age and magnet coating materials, and could be part of the reason for the discrepancy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    More expensive? Use a quad o-ring.

    On a more serious note, do you observe that the trigger return magnet on the Etac is silver, while the magnet on the Emag is gold? That's a difference in age and magnet coating materials, and could be part of the reason for the discrepancy.
    Honestly, I havent looked at them. The other one I have has a really light pull, while the Etac has a much stronger pull. The magnet in the top of the trigger is new since I didnt have one when I sent it to Tuna. IIRC, the one in the rail was silver. Guess I'll have to take it apart to look at it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,104
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Honestly, I havent looked at them. The other one I have has a really light pull, while the Etac has a much stronger pull. The magnet in the top of the trigger is new since I didnt have one when I sent it to Tuna. IIRC, the one in the rail was silver. Guess I'll have to take it apart to look at it.
    if you have ever added a good amount of heat to any of your magnets that will give then a less magnatism, (light pull) to them.

    i scrap a magnet every time i get a trigger anodized. i take a torch to it for about a half a second it comes out and is not good anymore. but im wastefull, and there are prolly better ways of getting a magnet out.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    More expensive? Use a quad o-ring.

    On a more serious note, do you observe that the trigger return magnet on the Etac is silver, while the magnet on the Emag is gold? That's a difference in age and magnet coating materials, and could be part of the reason for the discrepancy.
    i ordered 20 emag magnets from tunaman about hmmm i would say 1 year ago, and i got all silver.
    i think they are all the same magnet, just different sealing coating.

    i could be totaly wrong though.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,545
    Teflon on/off o-ring seems to work like a champ. One in the rail was silver, I would assume the one inthe trigger is the same. Can't really tell. I know the other Mag I have had some issues with the area that the magnet sat in and I had to drop a few drops of JB Weld into it to give some support. Pretty sure its acting as an impromptu "oring" to offset the magnet. That or they could just be older. Either way, seems to all be good. Now to air up and scare the crap out of the dogs...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    i ordered 20 emag magnets from tunaman about hmmm i would say 1 year ago, and i got all silver.
    i think they are all the same magnet, just different sealing coating.

    i could be totaly wrong though.
    It would make sense that you got all silver, as those are the newer style. The gold plating has a tendency to flake/peel off over time, which allows the neodymium to corrode a bit and deteriorate the pull force. You can see that on a lot of the older trigger magnet assemblies which now look brown. The nickel plating seems much stronger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •