Thread: Google Glass

Question Google Glass

Google Glass

What do you guys think of "Google Glass?" Do you think it is the wave of the future? Think we could incorporate it into a mask?

Google Glass + Paintball mask =

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Google Glass + Paintball mask =

I'll take it

I need targeting help
    Find the board and you can ban me for life

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Google Glass

What do you guys think of "Google Glass?" Do you think it is the wave of the future? Think we could incorporate it into a mask?
    Have $1500 lying around with nothing to use it on ?

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...ss_testers2013

You fill out the application here :

http://www.google.com/glass/start/how-to-get-one

and maybe you will be one of the lucky beta testers !

I dont think it will work too good for people that wear glasses.

I already have a Nexus 7 tablet, and I just ordered an LG Nexus 4 phone, so Google has enough of my money for now.

Oh the many things I would do if given $1500. If only I had the money. (sigh)

I think it would be very handy for certain things. However, I think either data plan prices would need to go down or that actually "free public wifi" would need to become a reality before Google Glass will really take off. Most of what you would do with Google Glass really wouldn't take that much bandwidth. It's the video sharing that would kill it, though. I really don't see this being that useful for paintball, other than for getting more accurate player's-eye-view recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    I really don't see this being that useful for paintball, other than for getting more accurate player's-eye-view recordings.
    You lack vision...

How about an HUD section that feeds in data about bodies alive/dead during the game? Or even a map showing you the field and where your players are. A data feed from the tank showing you # of shots left. Or (pie in the sky) we have a way to show # of rounds left in your hopper.

Gotta think big to get somewhere.

These are going to change the way we live.... think about it. No more stand alone GPS boxes.. phone call info and txt messages going right to your eyes...the sky is the limit. The data plans and logistics will catch up. This is going to be big.

Another thing you could do is run a certain (I forget the name of it) wire up into a certain point of your gun, pretty much extends its point of view and you could peer your gun over and if you were precise about it, you could still target someone without actually exposing yourself. Or at least get some surveillance of the game without exposing much more than your barrel.

$1,500 price tag is going to hold it to the upper class and government agencies for now but the possibilities are endless. Doctors could use it to help patients and refer to other doctors during procedures. Law enforcement could use face recognition software during routine traffic stops for outstanding warrants.

As for paintball, why doesn't a company just incorporate the video cam into the mask? It wouldn't be far fetched to spend $400 on a video/mask setup. People are spending that now with seperate components.

Question Chromebook Pixel

Google seems to be going for the high end stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/device...ook_pixel_wifi

$1200 ?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Google seems to be going for the high end stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/device...ook_pixel_wifi

$1200 ?
    I can see google stepping up and taking the place of Apple now, seems to be the biggest rival soon. I would support google with this %100. Apple is overpriced and this should hopefully make them lower some of their prices due to new competition.

I'm really diggin some of the ideas you guys have for the device. I also really like where google is going with their technology. Even though they may be doing shady #@$#@ with my user data they have given me Chrome, Gmail, Cal, Maps, etc. So i'm cool with it

For a HUD application, this tech looks much more promising than Google Glass. I would rather look through an entire pane of glass than just a little prism in the corner of my vision. Plus, this would give you more options as for layout. It would be really cool if they could make something like this flexible.

I wear specs, and I cant imagine having a display that close to my eye.
    I'm thinking it would eventually do some bad things to your eyes.