Thread: Vert Mod'd ULE WL/WR Body

Vert Mod'd ULE WL/WR Body

hey does anyone know if someone made/sell one of these? It would look similar to the vert mod that Luke does to the SS body classic/minimag body but only done to a ULE WL/WR. Thanks in advance!

I've never seen it done, why not just get a vert body?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I've never seen it done, why not just get a vert body?
    I want to be able to sight down the barrel instead of having to turn it to see.

I was thinking the body is already threaded for a feedneck, would it be alot of work to angel thread a "L" elbow and use that as a feedneck?

I don't think a copper elbow is a viable solution.

I don't think a copper elbow is a viable solution.
    oh? How come? I was thinking either copper or aluminum.

Well one, it wont gravity feed at a 90* angle.
    Copper elbows are not machined to a standard.
    Most copper elbows are bent and out of round.
    Did you measure the copper elbows to see if they are the proper size for an Angel thread?
    What type of clamp will you use to attach your hopper?
    It will be pretty much impossible to thread an elbow to tighten down at the exact angle you want on the marker so you will need to come up with some type of thread lock to hold it in position.

How about using a PTP warp adapter?

Warp adapter is a better idea than copper; but no matter what you use, when you put a full hopper on it and run, chances are it's going to twist off there.

Just a thought, but maybe (if you have an rt rail with the holes tapped for a sight rail) you could mod one of the PTP 90* warp elbows with some sort of bracket to attatch to those screw holes to stabilize it? You's still probably want to make some way for the hopper to sit tight in the adapter without it falling out though.

But even if you attach the hopper in a manner in which it won't twist, how is the paint supposed to feed? It will be very unreliable, even if you use a force-feed.

Warp adapter is one way and then I can use a Lapco clamping feedneck to mount the hopper to the adapter. I was just wanting to see if there is a more polished solution.

Quote Originally Posted by brokeass_baller View Post
    But even if you attach the hopper in a manner in which it won't twist, how is the paint supposed to feed? It will be very unreliable, even if you use a force-feed.
    So I was thinking the of getting a warp left or right ule body. Removing the stock feedneck and getting a "L" pipe fitting to thread in place of the stock feedneck. Then getting a Lapco 7/8" universal clamping feedneck to clamp onto the fitting. This way the Lapco feedneck can clamp onto the hopper feedneck.

Essentially I want to make a aluminum version of the Luke's vert modded minimal body.

suaze Guest
    How about getting XMT to mill a vert ULE body in a similar manner to what he did here? With a locktited clamping feedneck and force feed hopper, you don't need the hopper sitting straight up.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...p-XMT-(milling)

so you looking to something ken did but with clamping neck on it???

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post2622909

how hard would it to mod a warp ule body to fit one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDER-MR-MR...item4170545ade

or this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Techt-METAL-...item5aed2b7585

I dont see how you will ever get a reliable feed with the balls entering the breach at 90*. You will have to rock the marker sideways with a gravity feed hopper to load the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by brokeass_baller View Post
    Why wouldn't it feed just as well with the ball stack going down as it does with the ball stack going up? (Examples: 90* warpfeed adapter, 90* Qloader adapter) I get that it won't gravity feed well due to the possibility of having a flat spot in a 90* copper bend, but when using a parabolic powerfeed plug in a 90* warpfeed adapter, it should work just fine. Especially if using a forcefeed hopper.

For what it is worth I emailed XMT a while back about milling a custom "classic feed" ULE body. He was buried under other projects at the time, but was not against working on the project. You may want to PM him regarding the same. I've been busy with other projects so I haven't followed up on it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Why wouldn't it feed just as well with the ball stack going down as it does with the ball stack going up? (Examples: 90* warpfeed adapter, 90* Qloader adapter) I get that it won't gravity feed well due to the possibility of having a flat spot in a 90* copper bend, but when using a parabolic powerfeed plug in a 90* warpfeed adapter, it should work just fine. Especially if using a forcefeed hopper.
    Just read he picked up a warp adapter, that might work. My comment is on the copper elbow.

Just read he picked up a warp adapter, that might work. My comment is on the copper elbow.
    Yeah, and I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    so you looking to something ken did but with clamping neck on it???

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...ml#post2622909

how hard would it to mod a warp ule body to fit one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDER-MR-MR...item4170545ade

or this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Techt-METAL-...item5aed2b7585
    Yeah, Ken's marker is what i had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Yeah, I dont see it working with a gravity feed very well. I was going to mount a force feed hopper on it,

heres is another option:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...03#post2778803

it will offset the hopper

depending on what hopper you were to use with the lapco feed neck and ptp warp adapter chances are the hopper will rotate forward or backwards while running and gunning? risk dumping or breaking the hopper?

I used an old Ricochet Apache loader on a warp left ULE body with a parabolic warp feed adapter, a few times. It fed reliably enough unless the paint was low but I couldn't stand it. It felt like the hopper was blocking my vision too much and weighed the gun too much to the left to be comfortable.

A good force feed hopper will make any bends or horizontal feed zones irrelevant for the most part. Like the others said, though, you might need to brace the adapter if it twists too easily. Mine rotated when full of paint and if jarred too much. That was another reason I abandoned that particular set up for something more traditional.

Have you considered a Warpless mod? I'm not a huge fan of the Warp, but the WarpLESS seemed intriguing.