Thread: RT Pro valve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RT Pro valve ***now a problems thread***

I know this is silly, but I got a Pro valve sold as is in the f/s section for a good deal. It has a lvl 10 installed, but no spare parts/kit pieces/bolt spring... I was wondering if for the time being I can use my spare lvl 7 power tube parts and the bolt and spring from my classic to get this up and running for free, then down the road get the parts I need for the lvl 10 to be able to tune it??

I know, its taking a step back, but taking a step forward from my classic valve. I've just spent lots o money on my mag the last month or so and would just like to get my pneu kit installed with this faster recharging valve ASAP, then worry about the lvl 10 later.

I searched and came up with just key words in posts, I never found anything about cross compatability with power tube/ bolt parts

Thanks all!

I could also accept donations for a couple shims or a bolt spring I kid, I kid... but seriously.
    Last edited by Cokrkilr; 03-05-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Yes you can switch back to level7. However just because a valve has sat for some time doesn't mean it will have to be retuned. Get the valve, air it up and see what it does before worrying about tuning. Don't look for problems where there aren't any.

I was planning on doing that, but just wanted to see if id have any other options. It doesn't come with a bolt spring, so I still have to get that. But I'm assuming I can't use my spare classic spring? Its probably too stiff right?

I'm making my, I know nothing about level 10 face... haha

EDIT: Ok so I did a little parts search, as a maintenance thing/crap happens I was planning on getting a parts kit, it shows it comes with shims and carrier o rings etc for the level 10, assuming the correct size carrier is already in it id just need that and a bolt spring, right?
    Last edited by Cokrkilr; 02-21-2013 at 02:01 PM.

I thougf you bought Geoffnj's which said it came with a spring. Either way I believe the classic spring will work as long as its not worn out. Springs are consumables so picking up an extra is a good idea. She really shouldn't be needed. Having o-rings around is always a good idea. If you are already buying something consider picking up the carriers smaller and larger than what is currently on the level 10.

When pming him he stated it was sold as pictured and had no extra level 10 parts or spring. He said the level 10 was installed so I'm set up with what's in it, one carrier, one maybe two shims, and a bolt. So if anything I guess id just need the parts kit and a spring... hopefully I don't need a carrier, because I guess ill just order the parts now that I know ill need and get them probably at the same time.

At least I got it on a good enough deal to still be ahead of what they go for normally, plus having a full parts kit.

Guess ill pony up some more dough! I'm done though, haha PayPal is getting shut down after this!!!!

Thanks opbn, I'm sure ill have more ??? Once I get all my stuff. Nothing like taking on a pneumag project with an untested valve, haha.

Ok. In post #10 he said the spring was included, maybe he couldnt find it. Either way, good luck with your project.