Thread: Pro Team Products Micro E-MAG 2000 sear

Pro Team Products Micro E-MAG 2000 sear

I have a near mint condition PTP Micro E-MAG 2000 with a busted sear...
    it broke years ago and I put the gun away intending to fix it later...but didn't...
    I contacted armson a while back and they no longer carry the sear and it is not the standard E-Mag sear
    Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

my mag is part of my "never sell" collection and I would like to get it back in working order.
    thanks!

it's been a while since I've been on here.
    Owner and builder of the one and only CryoCocker and the worlds fastest pump gun.

Worst case you could have a emag sear machined to the correct specs. The emag bushing needs to be thinned & the center hole drilled larger.

I can measure the one I have for you if yours is gone completely.

yeah I just checked and I thought I had saved the broken sear but it's gone (the gun has been sitting since spring 2006. I do have a new one that I got from Armson back in '06 that doesn't fit the gun.
    if you have time and it wouldn't be much trouble I would really appreciate that!
    there is no rush...it's been sitting since spring '06 and I can't get on the field anyway.
    I just want it back in shape again. Since it has been sitting so long I should probably find someone to do a full reconditioning before I do anything else with it but really can't until I find a correct sear or modify the one I have.
    thanks again!

I have no issues getting the measurements. If you dont hear back from me by say sunday PM me a reminder.

Sunday I'm leaving for texas and tn for 2 weeks so no worries. I'll check back when I get home.

Ok heres What I have

The sides are milled flush with the thickness of the sear
    The hole thru the bushing has been drilled to .190 diameter. That hole is slightly off center. I do not know if that is intentional or just how this one was drilled. That would be a question for PTP

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    That hole is slightly off center. I do not know if that is intentional or just how this one was drilled.
    It isn't supposed to be off center. The Pro Team bodies use regular AM/MM classic sears. When these bodies are used on emag lowers, you need to machine the emag sear so that it has the same dimensions as the classic sear in order for it to fit in the body. The bushing needs to be machined flush with the side of the sear and the hole needs to be drilled out to the same size, but the pivot point remains the same.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I would not drill out the bushing. I usually mill the sides of the bushing so it fits in the body, then get a regular RT sear pin and use that. You must chase the threads in the body to 1/4x28 tpi. Fixed forever.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

THANKS A MILLION FOR THE INFO!
    I can't do anything for a few weeks...several business trips...but as soon as I can I'll give it a try.