Thread: Valve Serial Number/Superbolt

Valve Serial Number/Superbolt

Is there a serial number database anywhere? I just bought an Emag with what appears to be a Delrin Superbolt. I know not to use the bolt but it got me thinking about the history of this particular marker. Is there anyway to know date of manufacture or numbers produced etc.?

Also, does a superbolt have any value as a collectable?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29 View Post
    Is there a serial number database anywhere? I just bought an Emag with what appears to be a Delrin Superbolt. I know not to use the bolt but it got me thinking about the history of this particular marker. Is there anyway to know date of manufacture or numbers produced etc.?
    Also, does a superbolt have any value as a collectable?

Thanks
    According to Tom, there were no records kept and the numbering was somewhat random. Unless you have a super low number there is no way to nail down a specific date.

The delrin superbolts were not stock items that came with the valves. They were introduced as a trial but not put out for production due to the delrin sleeve coming off of the bolt. Therefore, if you have a delrin sleeved bolt it won't have any correlation to the serial number of the valve.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ahh, I was not sure if they were included as a stock item.

they are rare and do NOT use the bolt!

some people on here buy them as collectors items