Thread: Ninja Pro SHP

Ninja Pro SHP

Anyone with experience with this reg? I'm curious about the 1100 psi output, I've always heard the higher the input the better for a mag you want to RT.

Have a couple of their first gen regs from before I stepped away from the sport for a few years while travelling with work. Still found 3k psi in one of my tanks after 3 years in storage... could've sworn I had drained all my tanks before I put them in storage but obviously not. They are all past hydro now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RehKal View Post
    Anyone with experience with this reg? I'm curious about the 1100 psi output, I've always heard the higher the input the better for a mag you want to RT.
    I have one and it works fantastic for me. Chrono last week clocked 23 bps.

they work great and make shooting a mag pure mechanical joy. i had so much fun i got a 1600psi output one and it goes nuts but has gotten me under the eye of the refs a few times

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    they work great and make shooting a mag pure mechanical joy. i had so much fun i got a 1600psi output one and it goes nuts but has gotten me under the eye of the refs a few times
    Was this a special order from them?

yea, you can custom order a reg from them with a setting anywhere from 250psi to 3k psi output. Must be a even number as well and they are not adjustable once you get them.
    Last edited by RehKal; 02-24-2013 at 03:41 PM.

So how much output pressure can a pneu-mag setup handle?

The mag valve can take 3k psi input. So it really just depends on the max input on the LPR you choose. I'm not sure why you would want to change this though because in most cases the pneumag setup eliminates the RT function. Unless you managed to preserve that somehow.

yes was a order direct from ninja.

The stock 1100 is pretty fast. If your mags are worn in already (they will be after working at 1100), you can pull the shims out for about 950, which still puts my RTs at about 15 bps, except for a ULT x-valve that runs about 14 bps. Ninjas have a good flow rate in addition to the higher output, so they can make a big difference depending on what you were using before. I have an old 800 psi crossfire that bounces pretty well for the pressure (11-12 bps for a few), but I've tried others at that pressure that couldn't keep a pneumag alive.

If you are only going to have a very high pressure ninja tank, you need to be sure you'll have a place that will let you play with it (and that you want to feed that beast).