Thread: ULT and a classic valve?

ULT and a classic valve?

I used the search and guess I didn't use the right terms. So then I skimmed through the hole ULT post that dated back to 03. I'm sure its there. And I missed it. But at this point I'm just going to ask.

From what I'm reading the only issue with a ult and a classic valve is short stroaking the trigger? Is it really that big of an issue? Have people used this on/off with a classic and it work OK? Or should I not even mess with it for the wife? I've not shot a classic mag since before 2000 for sure. So I really don't even remember the feel of stock. Just figured lighter is normally better for a trigger pull.

Anyone's outlook that has done this?

Its not just about the short stroking. If everything doesn't work just right, you run the risk of the on-off not pushing the sear with enough force to reset the trigger. If this happens, then the trigger remains limp and won't reset itself. You can get the ULT to work in a classic, but everything must be precisely tuned and kept clean and friction free.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Using an RT on/off will lighten the trigger pull as well.

Well apparently the minimag that is on its way has a rt on/off in it. Guess if the ult can be that finicky with a classic valve I will leave it as is. If the wife decides to play regularly this summer I will pick up a retro valve fore it anyways. Thanks guys